PDA

View Full Version : Derusting ametal tank

SCEADU
03-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I got a 350 x a few months ago and the tank had extreme rust in it so I bought a Clarke plastic tank because I wanted the machine for a rider and wasn't concerned about it being an original trike. After viewing ebay I noticed that the OEM tanks can bring decent money at auction so I decided to restore it and put it up for auction. I bought the Kreem product to desolve the rust and put a new coating inside the tank to make it more presentable. Since the rust was so heavy the "A" cleaner did not disove the rust completely even after 3 days of soaking. I went to Home Depot bought a bag of decorative rocks and a bottle of Naval Jelly. Threw a handfull of rocks in the tank and dumped the whol bottle in put the lid on and played the moroca for a while. I then let it sit for an hour or so and repeated the process every couple of hours. This mourning I got up and checked it and WOW the tank looks new on the inside. I took it down to the car wach an blew out it out real good and am now coating it with the liner. I figured I would post this for any one haveing the same problem.

masonryman13
03-31-2008, 09:07 AM
thanx for the info. i've got a 200x tank thats thoroughly covered inside w/ rust.