PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r chain ???????

saladboy
03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
i have a 85 r,does it matter what kind of chain i use. o-ring or non-o-ring? what the difference? is one stringer then the other or is it just the luberacation factor.what did it come stock with? Any input would be great.

trikebandit59
03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey, it probably came stock with a non oring chain. I just bought a new one for my 85 and I bought non oring. You loose a bit of power through the friction of the o rings against the side plates. You wont have any problems as long as you keep the chain well lubed

jason85atc250r
03-29-2008, 06:36 PM
trikebandit was mistaken they came factory with o-ring chains. get another o-ring chain for it the non o-ring ones streatch way faster. you'll be adjusting it about every timme you ride it. there was one on my 86trx250r when i bought after 3 rides it was so streched that it popped of and broke the cases.

with the RK X-ring chain i have on my 85atc and 86 trx250r i only have to adjust it after atleast 8 or 10 rides and it's only just getting ro where it recomends to adjust due to amount of play

OldSchoolin86
03-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I've ran a lot of good name brand chains over the last decade or so and Rocky Mountains Primary Drive Gold series x-ring will stand up to any of them for a fraction of the price. Check them out, I'll never waste my money on name brand again. FYI I tried the regular o-ring Primary Drive and it wasn't as tough. Don't forget to change those sprockets too. PD also has nice sprockets.