PDA

View Full Version : 86 200X Swingarm bolt!!

Extremesounds13
03-29-2008, 04:50 AM
I am trying to remove the swingarm bolt from my 86 200X, it won't budge a bit at all. I have removed many bolt of other machines and had no trouble; but this one has already consumed 2 hours of my time tonight so some one please help. My next option is cutting but I want to leave that as a last resort. Thanks for any advice.

i58829
03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I put heat on mine, but that only works when the motor is out. If thats the case heat the swingarm for 10 or 15 min but never let it get red hot. Then take a long piece of round stock and turn or sand the end of it so a 1/4 inch will go into the hole drilled through the bolt. The turned end in that hole will save your threads once you hammer it out. Now just use a BFH and hit one side, then the other, and so on until you get it to a point it will come out. Also remember everything will be very hot so be carefull where you hold the frame each time you flip it over...

super90
03-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Heat works, I tried to get mine out for days until I gave up. Rode around for a couple hours and noticed it was loose, got home and pulled it out with my hand! Easiest way i know is going on a bumpy ride lol.