PDA

View Full Version : 84 250R questions...

tleach
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Just a quick background...

I am the owner of an 84 Honda 250R. Owning a 250R has been a dream of mine since I was a little boy. Now that I am out of college and working, I was fianlly able to buy one. I choose this 250R because a fellow co-worker owned it and he was the original owner. He took very good care of it and I am very pleased with the machine so far. I do however have a few questions. Thank you in advance for you advice.

1. Is there a plastic gas tank for an 84 250R (after market of course)?

2. Opinions about Axle extenders? I have some (not on the atv) but I'm not sure if I should put them on or not. These extenders were made for this atv and were used on it before.

3. My atv does have some rust. The exaust and frame has some rust and I would like some idea's about how to deal with this without having to sandbalst. I am not a mechanic and I can't take this thing completely apart. How can I remove the rust and what paint should I use?

These sound like silly questions but I want this atv to last me for a long time.

J.D.
06-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Just take some 80 grit sandpaper and sand off the rust, then find a color of red paint you like, PLJ is supposed to be good, you can find it at www.denniskirk.com