PDA

View Full Version : Carburetion question?

WIkid500
03-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Ok guy's I need some carb help. I have a ytm-200 and am working on getting the adjustments right. I know I could go to the book and adjust accordingly and it should run fine... That is if I was running gas. My project here is to get this thing running on E85. I went up to a 140 main jet. I was running a 102.5 with gas. According to everything I have read you need to jet up 35% when running E85. The thing runs good on the top end, I just have a mid range problem and a little idle issue to work out. When I rev it up it takes a few extra seconds to wind down to idle. Is this a lean or rich problem? Which way should I go with jetting, or should I change the needle clip placement?

I'm trying to get it to run on E85 as is stock to see if I can get it to run how I would like as is. If it works out I will rebuild with a hi comp piston; you can run more compression with E85 as it is compared to about a 100 octane fuel.

Thanks guy's!

WIkid500
03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Never mind... I got it all figured out. just had to get the mixture screw and the idle screw adjusted in time with each other. She runs real good now, just like if it were burning gas. I want to put a little advancement in the timing, I will have to make an advanced key at work sometime and see what that does for the power curve. If that goes smooth it will get a hi-comp piston and all will be good in three wheeler land. Best of all I'm burning alcohol and that is tits! Oh yeah exhaust smells good too!!!