PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on a trade

J.D.
03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Want some input on what some of you fellas think about this deal. I have two 85 SX's...one runs good and is complete, only major issue is the clutches slip. The other I have is mostly a parts bike, but it's close to complete. Dude up the street from me has I think an 86 Big Red 250, I think it's missing the right side cover, the rear plastics are broke&repaired, it has a homemade seat cover, and it will need a key cylinder&Key. He does have a title for it. The rear end is broke, like it's wallered through on the right side and you can just take and pull the tire/hub off the bike with it sitting there everything bolted up. Anyways, here's the deal he has for me, take my parts 250SX, steal the rearend out of it, put it on the Big Red, and then he keeps my parts 250SX and my good running 250SX, and I get the Big Red. What you fellers reckon about that deal??

smvorndran
03-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I love Big Reds, owned an 85 & 86, but I'd never trade my SX for one. The SX is one of the best trikes I've ever owned. If you trail ride, then keep the SX. If you use it for work around your property, maybe go for the Big Red. The SX is a Big Red on a sportier chassis. Both are nice, but my vote's for the SX.

smvorndran

BigTBones
03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
eh i think you would be on the losing end of this trade! The Big red sounds like its more of a basket case than anything! You should be able to find a much nicer big red for both of you trikes. You have a 250sx that runs just fix the clutch! You have all those spare parts incase something goes wrong on the runner! I agree with SMVORNDRAN I have a Big red right now and just sold a 86 250sx and i tell you what i liked the SX better. Put a rear rack on it and a hitch and you have best of both worlds! Just my opinion.

BigTBones

Dirtcrasher
03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
The SX is crappy enough with it's poor suspension and low top end speed. I wouldn't want an ES or BR for anything other than dragging a dead carcass out of the forest.

Some guys are happy with ANY trike. I was happy for years with an SX until I found an 86 200X, and happy with that until I found a 350X.

To each there own.

jeffatc250r
03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I would keep the sx.

Frankencelery
03-17-2008, 07:20 PM
No question...keep your SX's. Mine is the best trike I've owned. I have a 200s and a 200x, but the SX is by far the best overall rider.

300rman
03-17-2008, 07:26 PM
keep the SX, unless you want to do strictly yard chores. the SX is a BR on a sporty chassis, and i believe is fully suspended.

tri-Z ripper
03-17-2008, 07:26 PM
wichever one will make you the happiest my vote keep the sx