PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r starting ?

saladboy
03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
this may sound kinda dumb but i just finished my 85 250r project and it started but it took like 10-15 kicks to get it to run.i hear alot of guys say that there bike starts in 1 to 2 kicks how can i get mine to do that what adjustments do i have to make.thanks

DeePa
03-16-2008, 04:18 PM
what mods does it have and what jets are in the carb?

what carb do you have

did you choke it at all, or just keep kicking til it fired up?

every trike has some little thing to get it to start easier. My 250r was a little throttle and no choke, and my triz was no throttle and choke when cold, and no choke and throttle when hot.

saladboy
03-16-2008, 04:24 PM
no mods all stock except k&n filter carb is a pe37a stock one if i use the choke or if i use throttle its still sbout the sam result

saladboy
03-16-2008, 04:28 PM
my jetting is stock #142

jeffatc250r
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
The pilot is what the one you want to be playing with to get it to start better. Sounds as if your not getting enough fuel, try playing with the air-fuel mix screw on the side of the carb. Turn it in to get more fuel in your low circuit. It should be somewhere between 1-2 turns out. If it starts when the screw is turned all the way in better, then you need a larger pilot jet. I dont have a link, but you can look it up pretty easily, look up duncan racing's carb tuning guide, its all about keihin carbs and they explain things very well.