PDA

View Full Version : Some Pic's From Our Ride This Weekend.

Jason Hall
03-16-2008, 02:39 PM
We went to the Hatfield & McCoy trail system, and rode the Browning Fork trail. This was some rough riding. The entry has HUGE skid plate eating rocks. The guys we went with had quads, and DESTROYED almost every skid plate that was on their machines. The Ltr 450 suzuki's Shreaded the brake rotor skid plate and ripped the crimped nuts right out of the swingarm. The guys with YFZ's had aftermarket skids and ripped the bolts out also. We started unbolting parts and stashed them along the trail, until we went back through :wondering. My 450r worked AWESOME, I did'nt have a skid plate and worried a little, but my X-ring chain took the punishment. The suspension works SOOOO perfect for knarly trails. I could'nt run as hard Into the turns as the quads, but man I could run them down coming off the turns and gain bigtime In the real rough stuff. If any of you get the chance to visit the Hafield McCoy trails, they are wicked :beer

This town we stayed In (Gilbert WV) was the best, you could ride on the roads like a car. I rode my 450 through the Micky D's drive through, that was friggin cool lol.

Bryan Raffa
03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
awww.. man some day ill hit that place up!! who all went with ya?

Jason Hall
03-16-2008, 02:58 PM
The wife and I went with some of our riding buddy's. We rented a cabin that had anything you could ever need. It Is an old gas station thats been made Into a weekend rental for atv riders. It has two washers and Dryers, dish washing machine, big screen tv, computer with high speed Internet, It was awesome. We came home with all our clothes CLEAN :w00t:

drhatc200
03-16-2008, 02:59 PM
ive heard of guys from here nc going to wv and riding on the roads thay said its cool. have you goit a cup holder mounted on the 450 for the drink with the meal lol. id like to one day myself.

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice pics! That tunnel looks awesome. What did ya order at the drivethru - lol....

Nice thing about the laundrymat - you were all covered in mud!

starky1234
03-16-2008, 03:37 PM
nice looks like fun

BigGreenMachine
03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Great pics, thanks! Any comments from fellow riders on the 450R?

Jason Hall
03-16-2008, 08:19 PM
BigGreenMachine, Alot of people looked twice, but I only had a couple people look at It up close. One of the guy's working at Mcdonalds said to a fellow worker, you don't see them here very often. Another guy from North Carolina saw me rippin a screamin sidways wheelie on the trail. Later that day he flagged me down to see what I did to It. He was quick to notice the Inverted forks, and was full of questions after that.

I would really recommend you guys who can go and visit this place. The trails are rated, green (easy), blue (Intermediate), black (difficult), they rate them very good. If you are on a green trail It really Is easy, and the black WILL HURT you If your not experianced.

Billy Golightly
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Man I've heard so much about this place and area. If I ever move I think this is where I'd go. Jason I've heard there are literally hundreds of miles of trails, is this true?

Russell 350X
03-16-2008, 08:40 PM
That place looks sweet, I should hit it up sometime.

Jason Hall
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes Billy, there's over 500 miles of trails. The browning trail Is the trail head we rode In Gilbert. There are 5 different trail heads (starting point's). This place kicks butt. There are 6 towns In this area that allow ATV's on the public roads. You could tell atv's are a big part of their economy. If you stopped at a stop sign and a car was at the oposite side, they would wave you to go first EVERYTIME.

bp739
03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Hatfield-McCoy is the best...thats why I drive for 5 1/2 hours at least once a year(sometime twice) to ride there...I'll be making my :Bounce 9th :Bounce trip there on June 5 this year...cant wait ;) This will be the first year I'll be taking a trike ...the 350x will be going as my back-up bike...and for those trips into town for "groceries"

Billy Golightly
03-16-2008, 11:03 PM
That is awesome Jason, this is definitely going on my top list of places I want to ride at.

max
03-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for not asking me. I plan on making it down there this year. If anyone is interest and wants to plan a trip with me. PM me. We can get together and throw down on a cabin.