PDA

View Full Version : 90 motor into a atc 70?

Jim mac
03-12-2008, 12:29 AM
So whats it take to do the swap. I might be able to pick up a atc 90, thats got crap plastics, and seat. but the motor,carb and wirings all there. Ive got a rolling atc 70 frame. with no plastics, seat or tank. can I combine the two easily? thanks jim

Vealmonkey
03-12-2008, 06:33 AM
The 90 into the 70 will take some work. You have 2 change 2 of the bolt holes which isn't much of a big deal and I think there is a little grinding on the 70 frame to be done. Then you have to fabricate an attachment for the 90 engine front mount to the 70 frame so you can hang the front of the 90 engine. Room for the head to the front forks is cramped, so you can either not run a front fender, or you can cut off some of the front fender or you can cut the frame and lengthen that 2 or 3 inches. Also, the 70 and 90 sprockets use different size chains but most people just use the 90 chain with the 70 rear sprocket and just keep an eye on them, meaning for the most part the chain will usually not have many issues on the 70 rear sprocket. Unless you can get the 90 really cheap or free, most peoople just get the lifan aftermarket engines which are a bolt in.
Also, you will have to fabricate a carb mount as carb clearance is sometimes little or non existant, but the swap can be done. Either way have fun.