PDA

View Full Version : new tires leak around bead

kilabeez0
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
'm not going to lie, like most people I had to beat the bag out of the rims to get the tires off. When I put the new ones on i had some glass cleaner still wet around the rim from when I was breaking the bead on the old ones. I saw it was bubbling from around where the bead sits on the rim in 2 spots. I filled the tires up enough that I was worried about them popping when I was seating them. I'm thinking some fix a flat should fix it. Anyone think I didn't seat the tire good enough or did I bend the rim?

oh this is on a 2 piece rim on an 85 atc 70. thanks.

Erics350x
03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
have a tire shop throw some bead sealer on em.

200x Basket
03-12-2008, 01:02 AM
silicon the lip and rebead them.

night4creeper
03-12-2008, 07:54 PM
just had the same problem with my 70. I wire brushed the bead and put ultra black silicone around the bead and then seated them. let the air back out for a few hours so the silicone will dry and your good to go.

My front tire leaked real bad around the bead, and when I separated the rim I found the tire was over half full of slime! and it still leaked!

Dirtcrasher
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I have mounted brand new tires on excellent rims and have had bad luck myself. Bead sealer allowed them to spin on the rim and they still leaked. Hlaf these friggin tire shops have something that helps the bead seat easily but does not help seal it. Breaking the bead and re sealing them did not work either. In the end SLIME now gets installed on every tire I get. I'm sick of it, and I'm done Fk'n around with good tires, good rims and still getting a low tire if it sits for a few weeks....