PDA

View Full Version : 86' 200X carburetor seat, how to remove?

Merge_88
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Today, I was trying to remove the seat for the needle in my carburetor and can't figure out how in the heck it comes out. Is the seat just pressed into housing or will it unscrew? I'm confused and don't want to mess it up, please help! Thanks!

Dirtcrasher
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
The lower brass seat that the needle rides in is underneath the main jet. Take the bowl off and use a small blunt nosed punch to punch it out from the top side. It should come out REAL easy or you will damage the seat....It is barely a press fit. More like a small interference fit.

Merge_88
03-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Hummm, I'm talking about the needle/seat that controls the fuel coming into the bowl. You are talking about the needle that the throttle cable is connected to correct? Maybe I'm confused but I think we are talking about two different seats.

The problem I have had with the carb is that once the petcock on the tank is turned on, fuel pours out of the overflow on the bowl of the carb. This has led me to believe that the needle/seat needs to be changed. Correct?

Thanks

Dirtcrasher
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Ahhhh, OK....

No, I don't believe that seat is available and it's pressed in well. More than likely the rubber tip of the needle that connects to the float is just old and hard..... (edit- lol, people won't understand)

Anyhow, get a rebuild kit, flush the tank, clean the petcock and have at it!!

Merge_88
03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Ok, i'll give it a shot! Thanks!