PDA

View Full Version : pre mix oil ??????????

SCEADU
03-09-2008, 09:58 PM
What is everyone using for premix? What is the thoughts of Clotz ?

maggiesboy
03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Klotz has many different premix oils. I was running Blendzall Castor until I forgot to shake my fuel before a 20 degree ride and hurt my engine. ( castors will seperate from fuels at temps below 40 degrees). After the rebuild, I started using Motul 800. I have run it at 32:1 in the boys KFX 80 for a long time and at 40:1 in the little racer LT50. The Z really likes it. The boys quads have shown very little wear at normal service intervals.

This is just my .02...... You can't go wrong with the classic Golden Spectro, or Bel-Ray HR-1, and like oils.

tecat-z
03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Many opinions on this subject, but Yamalube R is some of the best premix oil availiable, at any price. I have used it exclusively in all of my machines for close to 20 years. Only now have i switched to a full synthetic oil for my Tecate. But i run 40:1 and quality fuel in it. All my others still get 32:1 Yamalube R.

maggiesboy
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Many opinions on this subject, but Yamalube R is some of the best premix oil availiable, at any price. I have used it exclusively in all of my machines for close to 20 years. Only now have i switched to a full synthetic oil for my Tecate. But i run 40:1 and quality fuel in it. All my others still get 32:1 Yamalube R.

There is a cart engine builder here in Renton, Wa. He swears by Yamalube 2-R. It is the tackiest stuff out there according to him. He has alot of hardware on his shop walls, and many cases of 2-R to support his case as well :D

81Rmachine
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
BEL-RAY is some good stuff. I just pulled the engine out of my three wheeler for a frame swap and decided to take a peak inside the engine i've been runnin on Bel Ray. Clean as a whistle and virtually no cylinder scuffing. I would definately recommend Bel-Ray or Amsoil.

Erics350x
03-09-2008, 11:45 PM
As long as its a good name oil like any mentioned above you'll be fine. I like the smell of Klotz better but other than that the are all good. Some have better qualities like no smoke, heck you can even get some that smell like strawberries.
I'd check out the manufactures web sites.

ccdhowell
03-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I like Bel-Ray H1R at 32:1 in my Tecate

I've also run Neo Big Red at 50:1 and really like it, seems great, but is very hard to find so I now use the Bel-Ray.

I'd say any modern synthetic would serve well.

Chris

SCEADU
03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I appreciate the responses fellas. I just bought an 88R as this is my first 2 stroke other than the oil injected sleds I have owned this is the first pre-mix ride I have ever had. The guy I got it off of swore by Klotz and ran it @50:1. Thing is he told me that you have to scream it or it will load up and foul plugs. Now I am just getting back into riding after a 20 year hiatis and I remember some of the guys I used to ride with that had 2 strokes did more putting around than I did on my 200x back then and they only had to change the plug every couple of rides. I have been on 2 2 hour rides and I have gone through 3 plugs. I know I am getting old and slow but I feel that I still was hitting it hard. The other thing is I am haveing toruble getting it to Idle correctly.

surferdave71
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
i have an bone stock 86 atc 250r and been running the honda hp2 synthetic racing oil at 32:1 for quite a while and have had no problems but some people were suggesting running 50:1, to me that sounds crazy, but what do you guys think?

RID3R
03-10-2008, 01:02 AM
3 plugs in (2) 2 hour rides is a bit much, I would look into that. About the oil I use Bel Ray..

overdressed1
03-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I use Maxima CASTOR 927 in my Tri Z at 40:1.
Clean as a whistle inside.
Haven't changed the plug in six + months.

cr480r
03-10-2008, 04:15 AM
I run Klotz Benol in non-pv machines... early t3, cr480, cr500, lt250, etc... and I run klotz supertechniplate in my KIPS equipped machines.... Always 32:1... For a long time I used to run Maxima SuperM and Castor927 with great results, but nowdays I am hooked on the smell of Klotz...

The Goat
03-10-2008, 04:52 AM
that banana smell is hard to beat..it's also very low smoke for 32:1.

Tri-ZNate
03-10-2008, 05:08 AM
Amsoil Dominator at 40:1 in the tri-z. No scoring and minimal carbon buildup. Last time I changed a plug was when i was rejetting the old carb, and that was about 3 months ago (jetted rich as well).

I plan on using klotz benol once it warms up however

money89tractors
03-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I just bought an 88R as this is my first 2 stroke .

88?! are you sure about that?

-Phil:pics:

whyzee
03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Klotz R-50 Techniplate , 20 :1, very little smoke when jetted right, and the smell...
If you really want to smell that factory race bike smell...Klotz 108 Race gas and Maxima Formula K2......best smell in the world. Takes me back to the starting line instantly...:w00t: :beer

TravEX
03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
88?! are you sure about that?

-Phil:pics:

It's a TRX.

Erics350x
03-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I appreciate the responses fellas. I just bought an 88R as this is my first 2 stroke other than the oil injected sleds I have owned this is the first pre-mix ride I have ever had. The guy I got it off of swore by Klotz and ran it @50:1. Thing is he told me that you have to scream it or it will load up and foul plugs. Now I am just getting back into riding after a 20 year hiatis and I remember some of the guys I used to ride with that had 2 strokes did more putting around than I did on my 200x back then and they only had to change the plug every couple of rides. I have been on 2 2 hour rides and I have gone through 3 plugs. I know I am getting old and slow but I feel that I still was hitting it hard. The other thing is I am haveing toruble getting it to Idle correctly.

your jetting is off

300rman
03-11-2008, 12:02 AM
yeah, your too rich. i havent changed the plug once in my R since i got it jetted properly, and i have a few tanks through it. definitely running a little rich.

as for oil, i have heard really good things about BLUE MARBLE, after my yamalube and polaris blue are gone, i will be trying blue marble for myself.

swamp
03-11-2008, 12:06 AM
i use royal purple 32:1 but only have done it for three races so far changed motors and went ot new stuff so far no problems

69HemiGTX
03-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I am a firm believer in Maxima Castor 927. I've used all kinds of oils, natural and synthetic, and they're all pretty good, but I prefer 927. It has never given me any trouble, and honestly, I like the smell of castor. My buddy was Steve Hatch's mechanic (pictured in the article linked below), and I was shown some data that Suzuki collected that supported why they chose Maxima for their factory bikes. I've used Maxima exclusively ever since.

I always use the guide linked below as a fall-back if I get out of sync with my jetting. Always take notes if you make changes. Write down the jet sizes, air screw turns, needle clip position, weather conditions (temp, humidity, pressure, etc.), and elevation if known. This way you'll always have a baseline. Take the time to read the guide and put it to good use.

http://www.maximausa.com/technical/lubenews/springsummer2001.pdf

NOS_350X
03-11-2008, 01:57 AM
I used to run Motoul 800 and its alright, but now all i use is Maxima's Castor 927. No question in my mind its the best stuff made. Engine tear down and there is No build up other than fresh oil. Ive used a ton of oils and there are only 3 types i would even consider, If i cant get them i wont ride, Castor 927, If its under 40 degrees, go To maxima K2, And like i said motoul 800 aint too bad. I woudnt even buy a bike that ran yamalube. Seen that stuff HAMMER jetskis.
When talking about oil's its like messing with some peoples religion.

RedRider_AK
03-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Right now I'm running Torco SSO at about 20:1 (No measuring cup :lol:) in my fan-fooler 250 sled. It fouls plugs, one every week or so, but I ride at least an hour a day, every single day, so it's not a big problem. There's a little excess smoke, but I think it would go away if I actually mixed at 50:1 like I'm supposed to. The stuff is pretty clean, doesn't smell bad, and the piston and rings looked brand spankin' new last time I had the cylinder off.

It's pretty cheap too.

evand
03-15-2008, 04:35 PM
i usually run benol, but i just picked upa quart of royal purple to try in the new motor. i use there car oils in my dart and love them

any one else tried the roil purple pre-mix?:beer

Aka_am
03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
the only oil I've ever used is redline..so I really cant say what's a good oil too run, I don't even remember the smell or anything lol.

Bryan Raffa
03-16-2008, 07:23 AM
two of the best...Blendzall and Klotz super tecno..