PDA

View Full Version : What next?

road rage
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I had a post on the 125 m that i recently bought with carb issues..all is good with the carb..finally its running..went for my first ride on it...all was good till i went up a hill and it started poppin...checked the chain and sprokets all good tension is good..tried high and low both....my question is this..is the tranny something an amateur would want to get into? i have a bad phobia of messing with stuff i dont know anything about..i dont even know what im looking for any advice would be greatly appreciated..oh and also..if its got to be replaced there is a 110 locally i can pick up for 200 dollars not running are they interchangeable?

Nick_R_23
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Is the engine popping, or is the chain popping off? Im guessing the chain since your talking about the tension, usually if it pops off it means it and the sprockets are worn out, even though the chain can be tight on the tensioner. Chain and sprockets should be fairly easy to replace, just grab a manual and thatll help explain how to do it.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

road rage
03-09-2008, 04:56 PM
no.. its coming from the tranny as far as i can tell..the chain never came off and its not loose..the bike just jumps when ya put a strain on the motor..

Yamada
03-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, but you don't tell us if the sprocket are in good condition.

Eric250R
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah honestly from your description it sounds like chain and sprocket issues to me also. Just because it didn't come off doesn't mean it's not worn. Replace your chain and sprockets with new ones and make sure it's properly adjusted. Not too loose, not too tight. And no, taking the tranny apart is not something you want to do, especially if you don't know what you're getting into.

road rage
03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
good call guys..found a busted link in the chain when i looked again..