PDA

View Full Version : 350x oil filter

SCEADU
03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Where is the oil filter on a 350x? Is it a common oil filter or will it be special order?

I picked this one up last weekend and am just getting around to checking it out. I pulled the dipstick and the oil was gunmetal grey NOT GOOD!!!. So I figured I would drain the oil put some new stuff in and run it for a bit then change it again to get all the crap out. 2nd change and its still gun metal grey. Any suggestions as to why or was it just mistreated.

I also looked in the tank and was astonished as to how much rust was in the there. I plan on gettin some small river rocks and putting them in the tank and shakeing it up to knock the rust loose. Then getting some tank treatment. In the mean time I bought a clarke tank and I think I will put the metal one up on ebay after I clean it up. The Clarke on looks just fine and I don't have to worry about dents.

turbostang
03-07-2008, 09:52 PM
The filter is on the right hand side by the dipstick under the cover with the three bolts.

Fram CH6015 is the part #

SCEADU
03-08-2008, 12:04 AM
After 3 oil changes and a half a quart of motor flush the oil is finally looking better.
The top end seems a little qiet er as well. I plan on running it this week end and changeing the oil one more time just to make sure.