PDA

View Full Version : I got my first liquid R today (new wheels pics 3/7)...

i58829
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
*See page 2 for updated pics/ideas to make this thing look more like mine)...

Well i got everything worked out on this bike and after a week of waiting i got a chance to go pick it up after work. It fired on 2 kicks, sounded great and i have no reason to doubt what the seller told me. I also got a folder with a ton of receipts showing all of the motor work and nearly every piece that was put on the bike.

Its in great shape, maybe even nicer than i was expecting. The price was more than fair, i can't be happier. My only plans for it at this point are to replace the carrier and front wheel bearings. Also some red tank scoops with stock stickers, and when i take the axle i want to repaint the swinger and see if i can find some repo uni-link stickers just to break up the black. I'm not looking for another huge project so the motor is gonna stay in the frame.

Here's a couple pics of it shoehorned into the sub, i'm gonna get it out after work weds or thurs and i'll get some more pics of it in one piece.

Black86tri-z
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
nice r how much did u pay? my whats done to the motor?

edog
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the water pumper club!!!!!

i58829
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
I got it for 1850.00 here's a pic he emailed me before i picked it up.

It has a P/N for the piston and its listed as a .50 piston kit, anyone know what that means? Is it .5 mm over?

Anyway the motor was split and had new bearings pressed in. Everything was gone over and he checked to make sure it was within spec. The cyl. was bored so the piston and rings were obviously replaced. The paperwork also shows all new gaskets, thermostat, 8 bearings and a couple other odds n ends from Service Honda for 165.00. It has 12.1 hours on it since the rebuild.

Also from my other post is a list of thing he added, the stuff i got with it shows he bought all of it including the plastics, tank, and headlight brand new.

Maier plastics all replaced incl headlight
fmf pipe/silencer
white bros case saver
stainless brake lines
trx skid plate
new bearings
clutch cable
boyensen torque reeds/float bowl
new front tire, nice rear razrs ones
ez pull clutch lever
renthal fat bars
3 inch wheel spacers

All in all i'm very happy. It's also got a good sticker for use a croom so now i need to buy a little trailer so i can haul it up there to go for a ride some weekend...

edog
03-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Was that on ebay?

i58829
03-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I found it on craigslist but he said it was on ebay, i think it was like 3 or 4 months ago, but he pulled it because there weren't any bids with 12 hours to go.

SYKO
03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
awww you bought bones 250R huh? yea thats a nice machine man! I remember his thread on it when he was building it on atvflorida, good deal man.

i58829
03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey Syko i didn't even see that post over there before you said that. I read through it, and it just confirms again what it's all about plus its cool to see the pics and such. I can't wait to get it out, i'm 50 times more excited about this machine than my X and it seems like its just what i was looking for...

edog
03-04-2008, 11:49 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/PC020132-800.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/PC020133-800.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/PC020142-800.jpg

i58829
03-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the big pics edog, all i have are smaller ones, it looks just like that today (its in about 30 pieces) aside from the registration sticker on the rear fender and fork tube...

oldsking86
03-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Awesome score man, I can see why you were waiting on the green machine haha

elcamino12sec
03-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Very cool, I remember seeing that on craigslist. Im in Tampa

NINJA
03-05-2008, 02:36 AM
So you're gettin rid of the black entirely or just the scoops? Cause honestly, that thing would look badazz with a satin black frame too.

brrcuda
03-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Interesting hours meter in the airbox.....

SYKO
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
hey home slice, I'll trade you a short track tank and shrouds for that black tank! interested?

edog
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttaHDoe1a4&eurl=http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15802.50.html

i58829
03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, and the understanding to matt and his brother up in ocala. Anyway i'm not looking to go away from the all black at this point, but i want to break it up a little. There's a little too much gold for me. I've been thinking some painted hubs (black or red), and silver wheels would made the bike stand out really well. I have some itp C-series 10 inch wheels and tires that aren't mounted yet.

To be honest i'm not sure which direction to go at this point, i'm just very pleased with the bike in general and can't wait to get it out of the sub (not gonna happen today), and buy a trailer so i can ride...

tri-Z ripper
03-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice R you will def be happy with a liquid!

ceaserthethird
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
O no Black Terror !

Looks good , Fair price !

i58829
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Syko let me get it in one piece and look at it for a day or two before say something one way or the other, it was hard to wait but a couple guys from work said they'd help thurs, and i know i'd kill myself or one of the vehicles if it did it alone today...

i58829
03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I got this thing into the garage this evening. After looking it over i'm very happy to report i didn't find anything funny or severely damaged/repaired. I had a couple guys from work come over to help me unload it. The one just happens to have a trailer thats 4x8 or so that he wants to get rid of, and he said i could have it for nothing if i can use it. So that will make it nice to move these around, and i can get the X out to do some tuning and make sure everything is in working order, i'm ready for the weekend.

I've decided that although it needs some detail work i'm gonna do the bearings all around and then enjoy it for a while. If i move back north this year i'll tear it down to nothing when the snow flies and have the frame and such powder coated, but i just can't see ripping it to pieces and letting it sit for a year+ like i did with the X...

edog
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
How far north?

i58829
03-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm from and still call central Pa home. I grew up in the state college area, and have family in town, and about 45 min. north just below the quehanna wild area (central pa sled guys know the name). Oh yea i got my 10" itp's and fast trekkers mounted today after work, they will be on the rear of the R for some pics later so i can get a few opinions and figure out my direction...

i58829
03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok here's a couple pics, and i was thinking about the whole deal so i'll spell it all out for some opinions.

The ITP wheels are very heavy compared to stock so i'm thinking, keep the razr's but paint the wheels black, incl the front (I can stick the itps on the X which is more of a putt around machine). Run red wheel hubs/axle extensions, and black lug nuts/axle (unless i can find chrome for reasonable money)/brake hub/sprocket hub. With the set up i'd like go with stock red/blue honda and 250R stickers on the tank scoops, and a repainted swinger w/repo stickers as well. The swinger and the bars would be 2 different shades of gold but the seat cover's flames kind of uses both so i think it would work well. The other thing i can do is machine some wheel inserts that i'd paint black so you can't see the the red hub from inside the wheels.

Anyone have a pic of black wheels? Do the tires clash too much?? Let me know what you guys think, TC...

longbedGTs
03-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks great! Im going black with the 350X I got from you. Should look great! :beer

oldsking86
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I'll get a pic of my dad's tecate he has the wheels all powder coated in black

Rex Karz
03-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Since you asked.... Chrome pipe, Hammertone gun metal engine, red swinger, polish the front rim to get rid of the gold, and go with a seat in red with white honda lettering. The Hobbs meter is killer, i gotta do that. Those wheels look heavy, but that also has a lot to do with terrain. Gold rims blow.