PDA

View Full Version : rhino bedding on tri-z frame

factoryX
03-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Has anyone ever do this to there frame? I would love a good coat that doe's not chip.

JohnR.
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I had my 250R powdercoated and it hasn't chipped except for where the foot brake lever smashed into it during a crash.

John

ATC-Eric
03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I have thought about this, but quickly decided against it.

The Rhino line stuff is rough in texture, it would be horrible to try and keep clean I think.

On the money note, it would probably be the same if not cheaper to just powder coat. The Rhino stuffs expensive!

Meat-BoX
03-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it would be pretty cool. I think there is two types of liner. Ones kind of rough but looks like water and is pretty cool. I think there is a smoother one also. I got the water looking one in my truck and when its clean and dry people have said it looks wet and cool. I would do it, on another note, Ive peeled a little of the Rhino liner back and off in the bed of my truck by sliding my loading ramp into the bed. If you slide over rocks and stuff like that im sure it will peel off.
It would be real cool to see a machine that was totally Rhino Lined wherever possible. Would be a good promo for them. Wonder how much extra weight it would add. Be good on a 4x4 Quad:cool:

Kintore
03-03-2008, 11:55 AM
In my parts for my build, I got my brake, kicker and footpegs all very wear areas covered in this special type of powerdercoat. Abrasive black i think it was called, it feels like a truck liner and is SUPER durable.

the 80s rule
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
would be concerned about not seeing any small cracks that may develop. these bikes are only getting older :(

factoryX
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
The whole idea was to beef it up to prevent cracks and stuff, I thought it would be cool because it comes in different colors. As for the price, it is spendy...