PDA

View Full Version : my one year auto-x

84honda200s
03-03-2008, 03:04 AM
ok when i started to get into trikes i started off with a 157.00 ebay 200s. ran great looked like crap. well i rode it all summer and it couldnt take the beatings anymore. i broke the mounts where the carrier goes and the frame under the engine. so i decided to put a 200x together little by little. (mostly because i cant afford jack crap)

so i bought parts from "dead" 200x bikes. (thanks to everyone on this site that helped me) i started off with a 200s motor and a dream. then i bought a frame and tank off dale for 50.00 shipped, traded for parts off tapper190, got a good banshee front master cylinder off aaron, and all the rest came from my good buddy Itrike. anything i couldnt get off this site or people linked to it i ordered new from a place here in town. so given that its made of "dead" trikes i decided its name would be xumed. (as in raised from the dead) i know its spelled wrong and i met to do it like that.

ok here are the mods on the engine then the rest.

engine im running now mods: 10.25:1 wisco piston kit, D.I.D racing cam chain, lighten flywheel (done by ronnie), mild port job, 30mm carb, bassani exhaust, bored to 67mm, and 200x top end.

engine that is going in. mods: big port job, 200x top end, 12:1 wisco (std 65mm bore), lighten flywheel (done by ronnie), 30mm carb, D.I.D racing cam chain, bassani exhaust, and a 350x oil cooler (thanks vealmonkey for the info on how to hook it all up).

the rest of the mods: plus 4 swinger (did it myself..thanks billy for the pointers), extended axle with wheel spacers, 250R wheels all around (front one not on yet),85-86 250R front fender, 14/30 gearing, 22 inch prowedges (almost dead), cr125 dual piston caliper on the rear, banshee front master cylinder, ghetto front light and switches,prm baja grab bar, and i dropped the front 2 inches.

i hope to get this thing out on a field and see exactly what she will do. we (me and my brother) did take it out and tryd to get some kind of feeling on how fast it is. i rode beside a phazer and the speedo on it said 85 but i dont really trust that speedo. i had one of them bike speedos that you adjust to tire size and it said i do 22 in the end of 1st gear. so who knows. anyway here are the most important part ...:pics: :pics: :pics: !!!!!!!!!!! these were taken march 2nd.

cr480r
03-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Looks like fun!!! I love low-budget custom builds. I find them very rewarding.. That is an interesting peg set-up... doesnt look you'll have any problem finding the brakes... lol

84honda200s
03-03-2008, 03:43 AM
more pictures ... these are of my motor im putting together to replace the one im running now.

Yamada
03-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I like the all black look. It's a real nice rider.

chris200x
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Whoa! Thats W I D E across the back!!!

how ya like those tires in the snow? I rode all day yesterday in 6-8 inches of snow and didn't have any traction issues! :p here's mine... :welcome:

84honda200s
03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Whoa! Thats W I D E across the back!!!

how ya like those tires in the snow? I rode all day yesterday in 6-8 inches of snow and didn't have any traction issues! :p here's mine... :welcome:

yup its wide chris...55 inches wide. i like the these tires but they wear out quick where i was riding. (my packed driveway) when i took it on the snowmobile trail it did great with them on.

thanks for the kind words guys. i put a decent amount of time into cleaning and painting parts.

Dirtcrasher
03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I Like It!!

tapper190
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
It has come a long way since I seen it! It looks great. Maybe sometime this summer I'll make the trip back and we'll go for a ride.
Tapper

super90
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
how did you manage to make it 55'' wide? Isnt that a little excessive? I know 51'' on mine is a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* to try and steer anywhere thats hard pack.

84honda200s
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
how did you manage to make it 55'' wide? Isnt that a little excessive? I know 51'' on mine is a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* to try and steer anywhere thats hard pack.

how ? wheel spacers, 400ex hubs, and extended axle. i get allot of people around here saying how bad it must turn and so on. but it really doesnt turrn real bad. sure it needs a little more room to turn than a oem set up. but it does pretty good overall.

thanks for the kind words guys. tapper yea we will have to ride sometime. but first i have to find someplace to ride ha ha ha.

super90
03-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Is it a durablue extended axle? I would just keep an eye on everything, the spacers put alot of stress in the hubs and splines, plus the tire offset is wayyy out there putting more weight on the axle past its strong points. Should be fine but avoid the jumping at all costs! lol it will bend like a pretzle

84honda200s
03-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Is it a durablue extended axle? I would just keep an eye on everything, the spacers put alot of stress in the hubs and splines, plus the tire offset is wayyy out there putting more weight on the axle past its strong points. Should be fine but avoid the jumping at all costs! lol it will bend like a pretzle

yea i know. i dont jump anyway. most of my riding is on flat land. i have no clue what kind of axle it is but i was told by a few people its a nasa ?

super90
03-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Havent seen many nasa axles for the 200x, if any at all. If it is thats pretty cool. Looks about 2'' longer than my stock 84 axle. Are you going to throw that twist throttle on there too?

84honda200s
03-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Havent seen many nasa axles for the 200x, if any at all. If it is thats pretty cool. Looks about 2'' longer than my stock 84 axle. Are you going to throw that twist throttle on there too?

im thinking about it yea. but this carb im using requires me to modifie they cable. id hate to wreck a good twist cable. but dont worry that twist throttle isnt going to waste. for now i am letting my younger brother use it on his 125.

toocheaptosmoke
03-04-2008, 12:47 AM
She's definitely a mean machine, still got some more mods for her. ;)

84honda200s
03-04-2008, 12:49 AM
She's definitely a mean machine, still got some more mods for her. ;)

danm man your alive.......yea i know man. it should be a nice looking mod too.

TwoHundredEx
03-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Looks good man, those new plastics look great on there.

toocheaptosmoke
03-04-2008, 12:52 AM
danm man your alive.......yea i know man. it should be a nice looking mod too.

Haha ya, been real busy with school. Wish I had more time to work on stuff. :(

super90
03-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Are you using a 30mm carb? I thing goat told me on here that it would be sucking in alot of air to get it tuned in properly? I seriously think the stock 200x carbs were 27mm, on the specs page on here it says 24mm, but my micrometer tells me differently. I didnt think 30 would be too big, I went with a 29mm carb and it works great. Actually had to give it more fuel and air for it to run right.

-the electrical tape on the cable was just so it wouldnt get ripped or torn, incase you were wondering.

84honda200s
03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Are you using a 30mm carb? I thing goat told me on here that it would be sucking in alot of air to get it tuned in properly? I seriously think the stock 200x carbs were 27mm, on the specs page on here it says 24mm, but my micrometer tells me differently. I didnt think 30 would be too big, I went with a 29mm carb and it works great. Actually had to give it more fuel and air for it to run right.

-the electrical tape on the cable was just so it wouldnt get ripped or torn, incase you were wondering.

yea i know man.

the 30mm seems to work pretty good. it still needs to be tuned in a little more but there is a huge difference between the stock carb and this one. it seems to be a little more snappy. its just too bad the guy in back blew me in to the town. (we ar not allowed to run a atv/dirtbike/snowmobile within the town :( ) so i gotta wait untill spring when i can get it out to a buddie's place to get it tuned. ooo and yes there will be pictures and video.

RedRider_AK
03-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Freakin' SWEET. I am now waiting for the engine to be finished... flat-black and Hemi orange should look sick!

>.> It is extremely wide, but that's how I like 'em. :lol: