PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding brakes on 250R???

bronzeback5
03-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Replaced front caliper, pads, and brake line on my 250R. Spent about 3 hours pumping and opening valve. Finally got some brakes but not nearly tight. Are all brakes a pain and take this long? Will continue process 2-moro to try to get a good brake. Any tips. Will it eventually get better? I have just been pumping brake and then openining valve, no hose or vaccume pump. Thanks for any info!!

ChrisD
03-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I always thought the front brakes were easy. I actually left the bleeder valve open and let it bleed it self. I would check on it every so often to make sure the resivoir was full. It did take time, but was not hard to do. You have gravity in your favor.
Now I use a vacuum pump because that method was never successful when bleeding a dry rear caliper. I broke down and spent the $35 for the pump.

Mosh
03-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I have always just gravity bled my brakes and it has worked great.Once I see fluid dripping out,then I start bleeding.It takes time,but has always worked.

Another way is,sometimes you have to force the air out.A good way to do that is fill the system,then crack the bleeder with a rag over it.Next you want to slam the brake lever down and hold it,then tighten the bleeder and let up on the lever.Repeat in this fashion a few times,then let the gravity bleed again.These methods work all the time for me.

If you are not getting a good feel at the lever, and there is solid fluid at the bleeder, then either your slides are frozen,, the piston seal is leaking, or your master cylinder needs rebuilt.

Bryan Raffa
03-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I like too pull the rear line off the master and put my finger on the hole till the master gets pressure and fluid in it.. then put the line on... also another little trick is clamp the line about 6-8 inches after the master with a pair of pilers.. pump the lever or pedel till its rock hard ,,wile still holding the pedel down or the lever in,, slowly release the pliers and it will shoot the fluid down the line forcing the air down and out..

oh the backs wont bleed till the master is full..thats why I pull the line off,, and the plier trick works sweet on a quad with duel lines.

Dirtcrasher
03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Man up and give it the Redneck Steve snakebite bleed.

Shove a hose on that bleeder and suk suk away until you get fluid in your mouth. It's always good to have a partner for that part. :lol:

Then you can continue to bleed it the regular way.

I can bleed a caliper in about 2 minutes this way :w00t:

Bryan Raffa
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know exactly what your talking about!:beer

seadoo650
03-02-2008, 11:58 AM

Shove a hose on that bleeder and suk suk away until you get fluid in your mouth. It's always good to have a partner for that part. :lol:

Then you can continue to bleed it the regular way.

I can bleed a caliper in about 2 minutes this way :w00t:

Been there, done that. Makes your hair soft and shiney. Haha

Try this. http://bleedingedgepro.com/ If anyone wants some I can get it and ship it to you. Works great. I'll check pricing.