PDA

View Full Version : Its oficially to deep...

McDerry
03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Well, for the past month or so, I've seen guys posting up pictures of there bikes playing in some snow. I keep seeing these and I chuckle as some one says how great there bike does and there tires are awesome in the snow, and then it dawns on yah that they think 10" of the fluffy stuff is deep....

... 10" is just getting fun, especial powder as theres still a bottom (the ground) and theres no weight to the snow to hang you up

We'll I personally have been bombing through over 2 and ahalf feet most of the winter, but as of the last couple weeks (and others in the NE can attest) the snow accumulation has gone up incredibly. As of Saturday march 1 2008, the snow has become to deep for the Big Red, Even with the 27x12-10 X/L Dirt Devils, the snow is too deep.

40" of snow bed with drifts over 72".

super90
03-02-2008, 01:41 AM
I just noticed the same today when my friend stopped by on his rancher 350 with 27'' itp 589s and I took it for a spin through the yard and made it about a foot before i got buried. had to take the mower out with 27x12x12 vampires and plow the yard to make a little 5 acre circle track to get my by for the winter! most spots in my yard are about 15-20'' deep from when it snowed constantly yesterday, nothing compared to back in the 90s though when we were getting 3' + and you couldnt even leave the house.

Bryan Raffa
03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
wow you could probley walk around your house and clean your gutters..:lol:

it use too be like that here back in the 70's..not any more

edog
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
110" of snow this year here.:mad:

scooterroo
03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
i can agree to the amount, heres a pic of my back yard out towards my woods, notice the white hump? thats a honda civic under there, lol!!!!