PDA

View Full Version : quick question..

stoney420
02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
on my buddys 83 big red (battery is dead) when its idleing the headlight is nice n bright but as soon as he gives it throttle the light dims right down so he cant even see,....... i have the same wheeler but in much better shape, my battery is also dead, but when i give mine gas it gets a little brighter, not dimmer.... anyone know why his gets dim when he hits the gas?

Daddio
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Could it be a bad ground on the light circuit?

RedRider_AK
02-24-2008, 05:09 PM
My Big Bear does the exact same thing (dims, but not as bad as your friends). I think it's because the machine needs a battery to keep the voltage at a steady level.

I will try again after putting my new battery in and see if it goes away.

If it gets dimmer, might possible be something wrong in the charging system? I will have to check it out.

stoney420
02-24-2008, 08:48 PM
yea i think a new battery would clear it up which he needs anyways but would still like to know whats up with it since mine has a dead battery too but doesnt do it.. he did let it sit in his garage for about 3-4 months without riding it but im not sure if that info would help diagnose the problem..
any ideas?
ill let yas know if we get it figured out

Russell 350X
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
My 82' Big Red does the same thing. There is no battery in it, and the headlight does the same thing, butt worked fine when the battery was good.