PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of tri-moto with pro-tech suspension for the FOX

bushwacker51
02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I have enclosed pictures of my 175 tri moto with the pro-tech suspension. the fox has asked me in the past to post some pictures so here they are. I have posted them before so sorry for the double posting. The trike is dirty I ride it alot. It has a basani pipe with boysen reeds and the cylinder was ported by FTZ racing.. Glenn O.

thefox
02-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks Bushwacker, I'm sure alot of people haven't seen it. There is just something about a modded out YT that I like. I keep thinking that I would ditch the YTM project and get one of those.

edog
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Veal will like this!

Looks sweet!!!!

Vealmonkey
02-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Your killing me. I need to know if that's a ytm200 bearing carrier.
I need the specs for that brake caliper plate too and the little levers for the brake cables. Quit Teasing me! LOL

tecat-z
02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
There was one of these conversions at TF05. It looked very nice and ran quite well from what i can remember. It's the only one i have ever seen. Cool bike.

thefox
02-19-2008, 09:35 AM
There was one of these conversions at TF05. It looked very nice and ran quite well from what i can remember. It's the only one i have ever seen. Cool bike.

Trikeaholic has one as well with very simmilar mods and I think there is one other on the boards if I am rembering right.

bushwacker51
02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
One ofthese days I am going to try to stuff a blaster motor in the 175. right now it runs great so why mess with it. Glad you like the pictures. Glenn O.

4cylinders
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
hey, thanks.this helps the project a litte more.

Dirtcrasher
02-19-2008, 07:44 PM
That thing is plain NASTY!!

Is that a sidewinder in the background??

Trikeaholic
02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Trikeaholic has one as well with very simmilar mods and I think there is one other on the boards if I am rembering right.

Mine is identical except for the DG head and I have a white bros pipe and durablue +2 axle with tri-z hubs and 8 inch mitchell rims out back with turf tamers. It was mine at TF 05 and as far as I know, only bushwacker and I have those that are up and running, at this time.

I also have another complete Pro-Tec suspension kit in a box waiting for something but I don't know what!

I am missing the chain tensioner like bushwackers, but It does not seem to need it.

Trikeaholic
02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
oh yea, what IS that in the background?? I want it!!

bushwacker51
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
The trike in the background is a 2007 xtreme pitbike 3 wheeler. It has a 125cc 4 stroke motor in it. The kids love it. Hell I love it lol. Its a blast to ride. Glenn Oister

piroguedog
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Nice. Saw the previous post and am waiting for the guy on here that is supposed to replicate the protech kit. Would like one for my project. Whats your top end?

edog
06-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Have you ever thought of putting it on a dyno?

Vealmonkey
06-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Trikeaholic, Is that durablue axle specially made for the yt, or is it for another model? Bushwacker51, maybe you can get the specs for the chain roller?

Just-Tri-It
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I notice in the first pic of the 175 that there are no vent tubes leading to or from the cap cover on the right rear side of the casing that was standard on the 125's and the 175's. I see the cap cover but no tubes. Why did you leave these off and does it effect the performance?
Thanks
sheeptender

Vealmonkey
06-11-2008, 06:51 AM
You know, there was just a yt175 that was sold in illinois on the site that alot of people are boycotting. It had the protec suspension kit on it and it even had the ultra-rare protec decal on the fender. The guy didn't want to ship the trike or the suspension kit and it went for only $76 !!! Made me sick. It had a decent aftermarket exhaust too. I couldn't tell if it had the chain roller piece or not, but it wasn't in that bad of shape. So the protec kits are still out there.

Trikeaholic
06-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Trikeaholic, Is that durablue axle specially made for the yt, or is it for another model? Bushwacker51, maybe you can get the specs for the chain roller?

Yes, it is a NOS part that a fellow board member got off ebay a while ago, and I hounded him for it for years. He finally gave in but I paid for it, believe me!

Impulse2k1
06-16-2008, 04:59 PM
You know, there was just a yt175 that was sold in illinois on the site that alot of people are boycotting. It had the protec suspension kit on it and it even had the ultra-rare protec decal on the fender. The guy didn't want to ship the trike or the suspension kit and it went for only $76 !!! Made me sick. It had a decent aftermarket exhaust too. I couldn't tell if it had the chain roller piece or not, but it wasn't in that bad of shape. So the protec kits are still out there.

Lol, thats the one that I picked up. Its not in to bad of shape, I played with it the other day and was able to get it to kind of sputter, but I have to take the carb off because it is frozen stuck.

Vealmonkey
06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
You have to get that rear sticker reproduced or at least get a nice picture of it with a ruler underneath it. I practically begged the seller to dismantle and ship the trike or the best pieces anyway. If you want to get rid of the trike, let me know. I'm not sure if it has the roller for the chain, it would be nice to be able to copy that and remake a couple

Impulse2k1
06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes it also has a chain tensioner, when I get a chance I'll snap some pics and post them up on the board