PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Trikefest Rules arguement***NOW WITH AUDIO!***

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, what can I say, Billy wont call me or talk to me about the drag classes and insists that the rules are his way only. Furthermore, I have not been angry and the thread was a heated but controlled debate. I seems they have locked the thread and left me no recourse. Why will you not call me Billy? I am not angry and want to settle this like gentlemen. You using your power to shut me up, its the same power that I am afraid you will use to boot anyone you don't want to win.

Please call me, I pmed my number to you. If you can't afford the long distance charge, just answer one of the calls I have been making to you tonight.

Dirtcrasher
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Is this about the streetbike crap that shows up there??

IMO, it should be trikes and or modded single cylinder trikes aside from a "modded open" class - thats where "anything" should be able to compete.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Nope this is about a simple rule that they want to keep and the majority of the class would like to get rid of.

Billy and other officials would like the mod class rules to have an extra rule as stated:
*****At tec's discretion, heavily modified machines may be bumped to the open class in the interest of fairness to other competitors

This gives the tech the ability to boot any machine from the class to the open without an reason but...."your too modified"

We believe that if your trike fits every rule in the class, you should not be booted just because you are faster than everyone else.

We were having a good little debate when Billy decided to abuse his power to shut me up, and close the thread.
Furthermore, I have tried to be nice and find a solution in private, and they just ignore me. Seems like if you are not agreeing with Billy you have no choice but bow down to him and surrender.

Please read the drag classes thread in the Trikefest planning forums.

Chillyboarder
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Would that happen to be a crotchrocket?

Dirtcrasher
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
I got ya.... I don't make the rules - BILLY does lol.....

But, to me, if your on a trike with a single cylinder than anything should go. But displacement size should be taken into consideration.

I've never read the drag class stuff, but I think the badder the trike the better for the owner. I do not like hearing a 900cc street bike wins but maybe that was open class where anything goes.

Chillyboarder
02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Ooh, would this be a trike with a 900cc streetbike engine in it?

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Ooh, would this be a trike with a 900cc streetbike engine in it?

It was a CBR900 with a swingarm. Thats it.

Dirtcrasher
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
In other words, Tritecate has one NASTY trike and doesn't feel it should be bumped to another class based on one persons decision. Thats my guess anyhow....

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
hey sprock let me take a shower and then ill call ya;)

ATC-Eric
02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
hey sprock let me take a shower and then ill call ya;)

Corey your gettin the "special" treatment tonight! :naughty:

Bryans gonna wash his arse and everythin for ya! :lol:

Billy Golightly
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not "shutting you up" Sprock good grief I wouldn't have let the thread get as far as I did, or I would have already banned you if I really was the tyrant dictator you think I am. I closed the thread because I"M NOT the one that makes the drag rules, and it was turning into nothing but hypothetical blathering on both sides with no substance. Perhaps a compromise is trying to be thought of or reached, by people actually in charge? I closed it because I wanted Raffa and sandpuppi to have the opportunity to figure something out without all of the ridiculous speculation going on in the mean time, chill out, please.

I will not call you because I dont feel like talking on the telephone right now, OK?

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Nope sprock doesnt have a trike, just looking out for customers who have my engines and my friends Corey and Andrea which seems to be the target just because they did well in the open class last year.

TRITecate350
02-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Sounds good Billy, I just wish you would have said that in the thread when you locked it, or responded to my phone calls or pms. I was just left hangin with no info except you closing the thread before I could respond to others questions.

Bryan Raffa
02-14-2008, 10:25 PM
hey sprock sorry if you were trying to call me .. My cell has been shut off for a week now..

200xman
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Nope sprock doesnt have a trike, just looking out for customers who have my engines and my friends Corey and Andrea which seems to be the target just because they did well in the open class last year.

I ran the drags last year and apart from the classes being a little skewed they were awsome. Those 2 R's were pretty bad and should give everyone something to shoot for. I agree that the multiple cylinder and street bikes should have their own class because they are not true trikes. I know with the classes now my stock 81 300R is staying at home and I'll be watching from the sidelines with some:beer . If it's a ATC frame with a single cylinder and fits in the rules it should stay in the mod class. That's racing folks!

brapp
02-15-2008, 02:52 PM
i say ahve 4 classes one for the pure stock machines then trail mod for the lightly modded lbut stock swinger and stock cylinders then modd class withch woudl eb the big bores and the 500's and then a run what ya bring clas sthats open for anything

Jason Hall
02-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I think these guys that are spending their hard earned money to build a bike should have a true class to spec their bike to. Just because you are a good engine tuner, or have the brains to hook your ride up you should not get bumped from the class you built your bike for. I see why they are not happy. As long as you fit the rules package you should be In that class. I will be doing what ever needs to be done to my 310 to make It fit the modded class. I will also have a bike set up for the open class. Watch out Sprock HA HA :w00t:

Billy Golightly
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/sprock2.mp3
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/Sprock3.mp3

Corey, I just want you to know, that yesterday and this morning were really bad days for me and the messages you left me done more then you know to cheer me up . I don't think I've ever heard anything so funny in my entire life before :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dammit!
02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/sprock2.mp3
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/Sprock3.mp3

Corey, I just want you to know, that yesterday and this morning were really bad days for me and the messages you left me done more then you know to cheer me up . I don't think I've ever heard anything so funny in my entire life before :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why is that funny? I want my 4 minutes back. :lol:

ATC-Eric
02-15-2008, 07:43 PM
So how much did Sprock pay you? :)

TRITecate350
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
:) Yep, I'm a smart butt.

Billy Golightly
02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Haha he didn't have to pay me anything. I had a lot of stuff going on yesterday here, and I wasn't in the mood to be on the phone talking to anyone. I finally got the opportunity this afternoon while I was in my truck on the way back from dropping some equipment off. We actually talked for almost an hour. Every things cool as far as I know, the messages I just found to be very funny, hahaha pay me money to talk to me about the trikefest drags, I guess I just have an odd sense of humor.

Vealmonkey
02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I would be shooting for the stock class rules myself. I mean any internal mods! Any carb! No frame mods! I guess frame bolt-ons are ok though? No out of frame pipes, that does seem odd. Why don't you just let people use Mass manufactured pipes. I take it to mean no one off custom pipes. If someone has a cobra pipe for a 110, that is an outside of the frame pipe. I guess that needs a little clearing up too. Would you consider an aftermarket chain tensioner a frame mod or a bolt on. Do people have to run the chain covers and brake covers. And by frame mods, do you mean cut and weld? Some of the rules are kind of vague.

Dirtcrasher
02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Billy, I'll Paypal you 30$ for a picture of your ass....lol!! if you include legs in fishnet stockings I'll double my offer. Whats your Paypal addy??

Garage Boy 34
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I thought you guys did great w/ the drags last year and the year before, But here is my 2 cents....stock class should be stock class....no big bores, race fuels.... mod class you have stated fine...I am not a big fan of possibly getting bumped up to the Open class part of the rule.....I would feel better w/ an egine displacement size limit or something. Instead of me or someone building a trike for the mod class and getting bumped to the open class....even if someone can be competitive in the open class, that person would probably be lucky to brake into the top five.....unless there are only 2 people in the open class.

Xowner
02-16-2008, 06:59 AM
lmao you can hear the sprinkler in the back ground of the mp3's!!!! lmao!