PDA

View Full Version : How much power should a 200m have?

Mr.Jake
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
My 200m has terrible torque, if i try to wheelie with just the throttle it boggs, and i really have to let it warm up before i throw it in gear or again, it boggs. Heres an example of what i mean by no torque, I have a little hill in my back yard, maybe 30 degree slope, if i stop on the hill, and try to go again, it will slowly bogg and take off slowly.
The clutch has been adjusted, air filters clean.
-Could this be the valves out of adjustment?
-Maybe carb issues?

Oh yeah, and it seems to shift alot diferent than my 200e. If i shift down on the E and hold down (dont release the shifter) is will act as if its in neutral, which i like, but the 200m if i shift and hold the lever down, it stays in gear.
Whats up?
Thanks.

Havoxx
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
My 200m has terrible torque, if i try to wheelie with just the throttle it boggs, and i really have to let it warm up before i throw it in gear or again, it boggs. Heres an example of what i mean by no torque, I have a little hill in my back yard, maybe 30 degree slope, if i stop on the hill, and try to go again, it will slowly bogg and take off slowly.
The clutch has been adjusted, air filters clean.
-Could this be the valves out of adjustment?
-Maybe carb issues?

Oh yeah, and it seems to shift alot diferent than my 200e. If i shift down on the E and hold down (dont release the shifter) is will act as if its in neutral, which i like, but the 200m if i shift and hold the lever down, it stays in gear.
Whats up?
Thanks.

I'd check your petcock make sure it's not clogged, and maybe tear apart the carb and check it out, the valves you can easily tell because you can hear it knocking on the head.

The Goat
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
as for the shift issue, it sounds like your clutch isn't working.

Mr.Jake
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
which clutch would that be? the One way centrifical clutch, or the main clutch? Also, what exactly is the centrifical clutch do on the machine?

Yamada
02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
The semi-automatic transmisson have two clutch. The centrifical clutch is bolted directly on the crankshaft and work when a over a certain rpm. For example when the engine idle the centrifical clutch don't "grab" whenever you do with the shifter. When the centrifical clutch grab, it's transfer the power to the second clutch. This clutch is actuated by this shifter. When the shifter is down or up the second clutch is disengaged. For example if you cruise in second gear and press the shifter down, you will disengage the secondary clutch and continue to roll with the engine idling. When you will release the shifter the next speed is already engaged but the power is not transmitted to the transmission because the secondary is disengaged. The one-way bearing is located behind to centrifical clutch and it allow you to have some compression when you downshift or you go downhill. Without this, the centrifical clutch would disengage when your let off the throtlle and you won't have any engine braking available. Hope it's make sense.

Mr.Jake
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
hmm, sounds like the clutch def. isn't working properly. I took the clutch case off and inspected it, i did see a problem and fixed it, it's hard to describe, i shoulda gotten a picture. Ill try to explain, there was a notched plate that was behind the plate with the 3 balls on it, the notch was not inside the plate with the tab, so it was holding the arm out farthur than it should. I fixed it but still have the same problem. Could it be that the spring that pushes the adjuster arm out is week? Both the centrifical clutch and the main clutch oads are nice and thick, so it has to be some wierd problem. Also, there is lots of play in the shift lever.
Yamada, what you said made sence! Lol. I hate not being able to disengage the clutch, with my 200e its awesome disengageing it in second, reving it a little, and spinning out in the snow, id love to do this with the 200m and the mud tires, throwin roost. So please help me on this, its pissn me off.

Mr.Jake
02-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah and Yamada, i was reading what i could understand on you webpage, did you put a 200x camshaft and carb on your 200e? Is there a noticeable difference? How do you like it?

Yamada
02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Check my ATC 200e repair thread on trikesylvania.
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=77275&highlight=200e+repair+thread
I'm still repairing my engine so I doesn't started it yet. Put i'm planning to install a 200x cam in the big red. After I got it running i plan to find a bigger carb. ccdhowell say a 300ex carb and intake bolt right on the head, so maybe I will try to find one or buy a 200x or XR200 carb. Once the engine is running I will let you know if the cam make a difference.