PDA

View Full Version : 250r no spark

350xrider911
02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
it was running all day run perfect, then at the end of the day. i did hole complete circle, got off to help someone and, i let it idle the went. to take off and bogged down and died. i tryed the kill swith, tryed sanding down some of the connections nothing the light wont even fliker when you kick it over. its and 83 modle could it be the stator/ ac genertor.

TeamGeek6
02-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Sanding the connections has destroyed them.

There are three wires from the stator, pulse generator, lights stator and ignition stator. EIther the stator has come loose and lost ground, or the stator connector is bad. The CDI plugs on that machine are bad for losing contact too.

I can rebuild that system.

3Wheelers4Life
02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
try making sure everything’s connected, tight, and clean. spray some wd-40 on the connections. make sure everything’s grounded good too. check the stupid stuff first before you start spending money and buying parts. something like this happened on my X. it idled fine, then when i went to take off it bogged down. turned out it was a loose wire.

xman23
02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
the same thing just happened tomy 200x but i havent had time to locate the problem yet

Dirtcrasher
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Sanding the connections has destroyed them.

There are three wires from the stator, pulse generator, lights stator and ignition stator. EIther the stator has come loose and lost ground, or the stator connector is bad. The CDI plugs on that machine are bad for losing contact too.

I can rebuild that system.

Yeah, you can rebuild it but won't help the 3WW members with your "SUPERIOR" ignition. Your very quick to post when someone's wrong, but where is the help?

Anyhoot, So why did he "ruin" his connections?? These engines run on next to nothing or corroded as hell, but it's "junk" if he sanded the connectors coatings off??

How many times in our lives have the majority of us sanded. brushed or cleaned our connections on ANYTHING, and added some dielectric grease and it worked perfect??

Danold
02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Ill have to agree with DC. Ive sanded connections numberous times and have never had any further problems with any electrical components.

Go through the wiring harness. Looks for loose connections, bad wires, and if you still cannot find the problem use an ohm meter.

As for wiring/stator/lighting coils, I feel that electrics should not be rebuilt and that they should be replaced with new parts. Nothing runs better and lasts longer than when it can from the factory.