PDA

View Full Version : 350x help

evand
02-10-2008, 11:10 PM
well me and my budy took a hour and a half ride today, and he picked up a 350x. not a show queen but a decent bike for the price.

only problem that it has is it has a bit of a sputter down low sometimes, has a fresh plug, almost seems like its rich, but the stumble goes away when the choke is on the first click?? its all stock other then someone took the baffle out, idk if that would make it act up or not, i dont think it would make enough dif, to make it sputter?

i dicked with the air/fuel a bit and it didnt make it worse but didnt make it better. any ideas guys?

but man i forgot how much of a tank the 350x's are. i want one now lol.

scrawny
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
clean the air filter?

check the valve lash.

evand
02-10-2008, 11:44 PM
filter is clean, that was the first thing i checked, i though of the valves but the motor is QUIET not a peep out of the top end, i figured if they were far enough out to make ti sputer they would be making some noise, but ill check that anyways.

neo19672000
02-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I had that same prob, needed more air so I modded my airbox lid

scrawny
02-11-2008, 12:03 AM
filter is clean, that was the first thing i checked, i though of the valves but the motor is QUIET not a peep out of the top end, i figured if they were far enough out to make ti sputer they would be making some noise, but ill check that anyways.

the valves tighten out of adjustment, so no noise in the top end prolly means they are in need of adjujstment.

there should be slight ticking when properly adjusted.

evand
02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
ooo i figured would they would loosen, when his 450 started making some top end noise, checked the valves and they were way loose.

thanks alot guys
Evan

Erics350x
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
clean the carb and petcock.