PDA

View Full Version : What Is LIFAN?

84 ATC 200M
02-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Can Anyone Explain To Me What LIFAN Is And Give Me A Web Site.

Thanks
Dan. V

super90
02-07-2008, 12:46 AM
ATV replacement engines/ they make dirtbikes and atvs too.

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/

google is your friend:Bounce

Mr.Jake
02-07-2008, 12:46 AM
its just a chinese company that makes honda replacement engines that can take place of the origional honda motor in a trike.

SWIGIN
02-07-2008, 04:23 AM
its just a chinese company that makes honda replacement engines that can take place of the origional honda motor in a trike.

i wouldnt say honda replacment.....maybe honda total rip off copy fake junk

The Goat
02-07-2008, 04:55 AM
easy now swigin, im typing this on my phone just because i have to respond to it. everyone who doesnt own a lifan seems to think that they are crap. after purchasing one out of downright desperation, its actually a suprisingly well built engine. is it honda quality? i wouldnt say it is equal to the honda of the 80s and 90s, but i might even put it as superior to todays honda standards. sorry, but they just dont build then like they used to.

SWIGIN
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
its not the final product i dont like its the fact that they STOLE and copied hondas motor design

if you had a product out there and a chinese compony copyed it i think youd feel different

Louis Mielke
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I thought I read that Honda sold the tooling to make these engines to the chinese company.

Also, I think a bunch of Honda's patents ran out so if thats the case they didn't do anything wrong. I maybe missinformed. If I am please enlighten me.

SWIGIN
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
if honda was into the deal then its ok

but back when they first came out i thought i heard honda tryed to sue but china wouldnt have it.....id like to know now

theres one of these over at HRE right now torn down and i can tell you the quality aint there