PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Tri-Z questions (YEIS, fuelpump)

JohnBeton
02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Hello guys,

Last week-end I got a Tri-Z and I have a couple of questions.
First of all, what is the Y.E.I.S system? That little box under the air filter box ?
I've searched arround and found something about it resolving the dip before the powerband.

2nd question, I'm not used to work with fuelpumps and I think my tri-z isn't getting fuel in the carburator. I disconnected the fuel hoses from the fuel pump and fuel is comming out if the tank is full. But on the other side nothing is comming out.
Does it have to suck vacuum before fuel comes out, or what is the best way to test the fuel pump ?

If I have time this week-end, I'm going to open the pump and check if it isn't dirty inside.

Any tips would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Bryan Raffa
02-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Hello guys,

Last week-end I got a Tri-Z and I have a couple of questions.
First of all, what is the Y.E.I.S system? That little box under the air filter box ?
I've searched arround and found something about it resolving the dip before the powerband.

2nd question, I'm not used to work with fuelpumps and I think my tri-z isn't getting fuel in the carburator. I disconnected the fuel hoses from the fuel pump and fuel is comming out if the tank is full. But on the other side nothing is comming out.
Does it have to suck vacuum before fuel comes out, or what is the best way to test the fuel pump ?

If I have time this week-end, I'm going to open the pump and check if it isn't dirty inside.

Any tips would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
John

the boost bottle helps when you stab the throttle, it holds vaporized gas and air..it pulls from the bottle if needed under a load..

the pump needs to be hooked to the cylinder fitting to test. I run clear hoses and a clear fuel filter, so I can see everytime I run it..it dont have to start to check it,it should pump by just kicking it..you can pull the hose off the carb and it should come out when kicking it over.
On the bottom of the pump os a 10mm nut on the bowl ,, remove that and clean.. take a pair of pliers and pull out the screen to see if it's blocked..Do not over tighten when putting it back on,,just snug..or you will crush the O ring..

check and see if your hoses are correct, #3 hose go's to the cylinder fitting

evand
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
yamaha energy induction system:w00t: :w00t: :lol: