PDA

View Full Version : My 86 350x

Friday
02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
My 86 350x,

motor is brand new! polished rims,new tires,plastic tank.custom seat. super trap exhaust. This bike was totally rebuilt last year by the local honda shop and used once before my friend decided to get a divorce. His wife took this from him and locked it in her garage and he couldnt get it back until 3 weeks ago, He didnt even fire it up. He brought it to my house and asked how much I would give him for it..1200.00 later it was mine! fresh gas,plug and oil and it started on the second kick!

He says the motor is a big bore kit? I have no idea. also it needs upper swingarm bearings,they have a little wobble to them but not bad but I still want them fixed.

also looking for stock or another plastic tank to send to my painter or get graphics on them?? I want to make this almost a show bike but use it when we go out to the pits and puttin through the woods!

I grew up on trikes and My old lady is starting to get mad at me for adding this to the collection of bikes I already have,,all early HD and custom bikes..Now she see`s the same look in my eyes when I look at another trike on here and ebay or craigslist...

I am looking for another 350x or 86 250r and even a 200x for the old lady.

ATC-Eric
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Id say you did real well, sucks about your friends divorce though..........

good luck with the build.

RedRider_AK
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I think Powroll made big bores for that engine, but a 350X guru I am not. Plastic tanks will not hold up to paint, it will peel and chip off due to the gas "breathing" through the plastic. Decent condition metal tanks are on Ebay sometimes, but not very often and are often quite expensive. Plastic tanks are about a hundred bucks from Clarke.

People say they look lame, but that's a can of worms I don't even wanna open.

Heck it looks really good right now. Clean it up, maybe get the engine painted and some accessory items powdercoated and then just take her out and have fun on it. Oh, and get a Cosmic Quads personalized seat. They're made by a couple here on the forums.

Oh, and because I haven't seen you yet... Welcome to 3WheelerWorld. :beer

TeamGeek6
02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I woudda locked HER in the garage and gone RIDING!

ZING!

Threes company
02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I grew up on trikes and My old lady is starting to get mad at me for adding this to the collection of bikes I already have,,all early HD and custom bikes..Now she see`s the same look in my eyes when I look at another trike on here and ebay or craigslist... I am looking for another 350x or 86 250r and even a 200x for the old lady.

Now heres a guy that knows how to keep the peace. One for you and one for her, lol. The 350 looks great, but your buddy must be hurting right about now. The headlight looks kinda cool.... are those plastic inserts? :beer