PDA

View Full Version : Need some 85R help!

Kintore
02-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey guys,
the tragic memory loss of my 18 year old brain has caught up.

I need instructions/pics are best of the following-

1-How the eletrical mounts to frame
2-Where the clutch/throttle/electrical is routed throughout the frame

And also, how do you guys pop in your seat mounts? the rubber ones?

Thanks! :beer

Louis Mielke
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
um, seat mounts, with a screw driver, as far as the routing is concerned most of it should run down the main backbone tube on the left side.

Download one of the manuals floating around man.

Jeeze, you need to lay off the sauce man....and jeeze you're still only 18? I keep forgetting that your young. lol

Rustytinhorn
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
This pic is horrible, but its better than nothing.
Heres how I did mine, whether its oem style or not I'm not sure.

Wiring Harness: Pink line. Up by the air intake it is on the right side of backbone until it gets down to that one crossmember support, then it dips under the bone to the left side and goes on the left of the motor mount (cuz on the motor mount there is a big rubber "C" lookin peice that hold the harness against the frame). The the rest continue back on the inside of the left peice of subframe till it gets to the regulator, and it grounds to the frame there. Couple wires continue back to tail light.

Throttle Cable: Yellow lines. It goes through the plastic air intake duct somehow, then continues back on left bone to the top of the carb.

Clutch cable: Blue line. It comes down on left side of the steering stem, then passes between the radiator and frame. I drew two lines cuz I couldn't remember if it went above the bolt mount or under it. There should be a cut-out in the radiator plastic that the cable will utilize.

No advice on the rubber, except a lot of muscle. Try gettin it wet and using a flathead or needlenoze plyers to push or pull it through.

Hopefully the pics help.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/rustytinhorn/Wiringcolor.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff54/rustytinhorn/Wiring2.jpg

Dirtcrasher
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
RUSTY - that was an AWESOME post!! Way to help bud!!

Rustytinhorn
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanx.
Hopefully one of these years when I make it to trikefest you guys will know who I am. :wondering :wondering lol:w00t:

Kintore
02-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey thanks alot!

i was having a hell time with the eletrical, the lil rubber mounts for the cdi and all that is driving me NUTS!

TeamGeek6
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Id mounted the coil and CDI where the regulator is, out of the engine/radiator heat. Electronics dont like heat. If memory serves, incorrect routing under the tank rubbers can cause throttle cable bind.

Kintore
02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Got pics TG6?

TeamGeek6
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, but Im ugly!

Coil is hanging down where it shouldnt be to show the CDI mounting. The regulator is gone because some idiot (ME) threw the lights away. The CDI mount plugs right onto the frame tab. I had rebuilt the wiring and may have extended it, dont recall. The plug wire had to be extended about 18 inches, I don't remember exactly how long, just however long it takes to reach the spark plug. The plug wire goes through the head stay plates.

Just DONT let the plug wire arc to the carb.

Kintore
02-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have pics of how the electrical fits onto the frame near the head? like how the rubber inserts into the crazy tabs?

thanks alot