PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive!

Blazer
02-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

Today I had my first real ride on my 1982 185S! (besides minor rides in my yard) This is my first three wheeler, but definately not my last! Since I purchased it three weeks ago, I've rebuilt the carb, recoil assembly, and cleaned the oil rotor. It was barely ridable when I first bought it. Now it runs like a completely different machine.

This first ride made all the work well worth it. I think I want to name it the "Mule". It climbs hills great, and really surprised me in how capable it is on some real trails. In the area I rode today, I was the only 3 wheeler. People on their pricey quads and dirtbikes were giving it a good look, lol. While the ride was pretty stiff on this hard tail, I had a blast, and a leg work out! Thanks to all the members who helped me with my repair questions in the last few weeks!!!

Any other north Texas Riders out there?

Blazer

SYKO
02-03-2008, 01:52 AM
good job!! now enjoy it!!

TeamGeek6
02-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Youre just starting to have fun. You wouldnt believe the terrain that trikes can go through - Ive ridden places that I couldnt walk through. Basically straight up and down hills, over downed trees, across 60 degree hills (we couldnt walk it without sliding down hill)

Wild machines!

randall_pitz
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
pics please !!!!

Blazer
02-04-2008, 12:31 AM
I'll try to get some good pics in a day or so. Its nothing fancy like some of the other trikes I've seen here, but this one is mine! :w00t: Now that its running, I just need to work on the cosmetics.

Threes company
02-04-2008, 12:36 AM
In the area I rode today, I was the only 3 wheeler. People on their pricey quads and dirtbikes were giving it a good look, lol.
:lol: I know what you mean....... get used to it. Its just a matter of time until you hear the classic..... "Those things are against the law ya know", lol. Enjoy the new ride bro! :beer

Gank78
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Blazer, I live just North of Denton. I have a barn find 250sx. Have you ridden up at Lake Murrey? Or at Rocky Ridge?

Blazer
02-10-2008, 12:43 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s10/Bullet0405/185s.jpg

As promised, a photo of my 185s and my faithful dog after riding this afternoon!

Dirtcrasher
02-10-2008, 01:02 AM
That things in nice shape!!Looks pretty unmolested....

The Goat
02-10-2008, 01:08 AM
that bike is pretty nice, good find.

and that boxer makes me want to go buy myself another puppy. well bred dog by the looks of it, and damned intelligent.

Blazer
02-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the trike and my dog. Believe it or not, I found this pit bull as a puppy while in college 3 years ago. He was abandoned and had mange and worms. It is the best dang dog I have ever had, and I've had dogs my whole life. It is very smart, obedient and loyal. I can't ask for much more than that!