PDA

View Full Version : Help! Trike won't move.

jnollet
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey, I have a question regarding shifting of my 83 tri-moto 125. I took the right side crankcase cover off yesterday, exposing the clutch and shifting mechanism ( I had to replace the crank seal). I cleaned everything up and then tried moving the shift shaft via the shifter. It seems lke it doesn't want to upshift or downshift. The shift shaft is connected to a spring retained arm which hooks onto a circular disc that is supposed to rotate everytime you shift. Is this correct? When I try shifting the disc moves very slighlty but doesn't seem to be catching a gear. I know this description is a little vague but I lack the proper terminology and knowledge to explain it any better. Sorry! Thanks...

TeamGeek6
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Doing fine. It may not shift unless the shafts are turning. Try turning the output shaft while shifting.

"circular disc "= detent plate or something like that. Its what gives the lever the "notchy" feel

RedRider_AK
02-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Maybe your clutch is set too loose, meaning it's got too much play in the lever and not enough movement to actually shift the gears all the way through...?