PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z clutch problem??

Tryzeedudeman
01-29-2008, 02:11 AM
It started in the middle of the riding day. After some trail riding and drag racing, i noticed that there was some play in the clutch lever. So i adjusted the cable (which i never had to do before) and it was ok for like ten minutes. It got worse and got to the point of nothing but play. The funny thing is that the clutch would grab after riding without it for a minute and then go back out. Is this just an internal adjustment thing or is my clutch just going out? Thanks for any advise!!

HEAD09
01-29-2008, 08:31 AM
sounds like the nut on the clutch came loose i pull the cover and check....

tecat-z
01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
I would check and see if the adjuster on the clutch came loose. You'll need a small philips ans a 10mm. Does the clutch arm require a lot of movement before doing anything? Shouldn't be too tough to figure out.

Bryan Raffa
01-29-2008, 08:45 AM
you have something wrong ..usally it's the other way around..when the clutch plates heat up you need slack to compensate for the expansion.
I would pull the cover and inspect.. if your clutch is too tight and it gets hot it will weld the ball to the basket adjustment rod..I see this alot if the clutch adjustment is too tight..also if you sit there with it in gear and rev it..it puts added pressure on the ball and rod...word to the wise put it in neutral if your gonna rev it for a extended time..pull the cover and inspect the adjustment nut,pull the springs and pressure plate and check the ball and the end of the adjustment rod,,check the ends of the long clutch rod also..wile your at it check for a grooved basket.