PDA

View Full Version : 350x front end rebuild

i58829
01-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I was wondering what all i should buy to rebuild the front end of my 350X. The triple tree feels tight and i made sure it had the correct bearings when i swapped the frame. But what about the forks can they be fixed (they are just a little soft for the top 1 inch or so of the suspension) with just seals, or is there a full rebuild kit to buy? I'm also planning to buy wheel bearings but i wanted to place the order all at once if possible. Thanks in advance for your help, TC...

TeamGeek6
01-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Replace everything, including a full rebuild of the brake caliper while the parts are still available. Bearings are a dime a dozen, just get the numbers off the old ones.

i58829
01-27-2008, 01:04 AM
What is 'everything' for the forks, i've never been into one but i assume there is a spring, and a lower seal but thats as much as i know. Also i've only found the seals searching on ebay but maybe i'm not looking for the correct thing...

seadoo650
01-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Get a fork seal kit. I think it has the fork seals and dust seals. That is all that is needed. Plus new fork oil. I recently did my 250r and it's not to bad. The springs are usually fine but you can visually inspect them. Clean everything real well. Some fork seal drivers are also highly recommended.