PDA

View Full Version : it's so disturbing....(nice Tecate, actually...)

ATCT
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
....that I'm spending about 3 times as much as this to restore mine to look almost exactly the same, and at the end of the day, it still won't be as nice. :crazy: I'm PISSED!!!!!!! But I should know. It's not like I haven't done this very thing before. I guess I like the hunt for stuff and the actual rebuild.

Anyhoo, hopefully someone here on the boards snatched this thing up. $1000 or best offer.... jeez.... Pretty sure it's no longer for sale as the actual ad is gone if you do a search on the site. I emailed the guy just to be sure.

http://www.monkeyads.com/forsale.asp?adnum=151088&title=ATV

Guess I finally got that good pic of a red Tecate.

oldskool83
01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
dont ya know project always take 3 times as much money and time...i learned that years ago haha.

ATCT
01-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Yep, I sure do. In fact, I did the EXACT same thing with a 200X I never got to complete (ended up parting it out). I bought what I thought was a decent trike, ended up being a piece of crap, and then proceeded to buy so many parts I could have rebuilt two (will probably end up doing that very thing again--once the '85 is done, I'll do the '84).

I think I'm just a moron. lol.

atctim
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Is that John Swinehart's? Can't be! but it is the same state (georaphical and condition)

250rfreak
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
who is that?

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Not John's. It is very clean.

ATCT
01-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Nah, there's no way. He'd know he could do better than $1000 OBO, wouldn't he?? Plus, he didn't post it here.

I talked to John a little while ago about his experience getting a red front Maier fender for his Tecate, so I'm guessing he has Maier fenders on it. Those rear fenders are OEM minus the mudflaps (not that this means he doesn't have Maiers too).