PDA

View Full Version : after market axle companies

84honda200s
01-24-2008, 01:17 AM
i have a chance to buy a after market axle. but its not a newer one. it looks old school to me. it looks like it uses oem sprocket hub and brake disk hub along with stock wheel hubs. it all looks stock except the fact is a plus 4 axle. what companies made axles like that ? also what are they worth in good condition and unbent ?

here is a link to it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300182350538&rd=1

Vealmonkey
01-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Durablue and NASA were the big older companies. When you click on that link, it takes you to an auction that is over. I don't see any axle. Most axles accept stock parts.

84honda200s
01-24-2008, 02:01 AM
sorry. its the axle on the trike. i know its not much but its something to go by i guess.

thanks for the info man. did the old durablue axles use oem hubs ? as far as sprocket, brake disc and wheel hubs that is.

Vealmonkey
01-24-2008, 02:17 AM
yes, they both did. Any aftermarket hubs or hubs for the sprocket are still for the stock splines. I have 2 nos NASA axles for the 185s, meaning they have the solid mounts for the rear sprocket. Later axles had the sprocket mount with the rubber washers in them. That's another thing to keep an eye out for. And if your using your axle for a racing type or hard playing type application, you may not want the later rubber washer type sprocket mounts.

84honda200s
01-24-2008, 02:26 AM
ok i got ya. now how much you think one of the older axles are worth ? like i said its in good condition and unbent. all ill be getting is the axle. we just need some kinda price range to go by.

Vealmonkey
01-24-2008, 04:34 AM
not more than $100 bucks, I spent just a little more than that for NOS. But you are sort of at the mercy of the seller.

84honda200s
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
not more than $100 bucks, I spent just a little more than that for NOS. But you are sort of at the mercy of the seller.

well see thats just it. neither of us know anything about this thing. he dont wanna rip me off and i dont wanna under cut him. he has pretty much built my auto-x with his parts. :lol:

come on guys...someone has to know more about em. like prices would be good.