PDA

View Full Version : Tried out the 12 tooth, Video

TwoHundredEx
01-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Well I got bored a couple days ago, and wanted to try out the 12 tooth front sprocket. The video isn't much, but I was having fun :D
I'm actually starting to like the hard powerband hit with this pipe too, makes it fun to ride.
I'm sure I could have kept it up longer most of the time, but I ran out of room and only having front brakes sucks.
I tried to launch hard at the end and threw the chain because I got anxious when I was adjusting it for the sprocket and figured it was "good enough."
I tightened it up a little more and it should be fine now.
I'm actually really happy with this gearing, it's the first machine I've had that I don't need to lean back or clutch it to wheelie. :D
http://media.putfile.com/12-tooth--Jan-2108

Bad part about that day.... I was JUST putting it away and I had a flat head on the lawn that I used to tune the carb a bit... damn thing went right through the front tire!Doesn't hold air for more than 20 minutes now.
Can I patch it, or put a plug in it? I really don't want to buy 3 new tires now...

big schott
01-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I have tried to plug them with little success. I have tried patching them not much better and even worse.

Get a tube... under $10 and will work fine for years.

PS.. I like what you have done. I would like to put a 2Cyl in the white one you see above but, I can't bring myself to put a different make or a smaller motor in mine.
Looks good though. I would like to see a good video of it rolling against a stock 200X.

TwoHundredEx
01-24-2008, 01:10 AM
I have tried to plug them with little success. I have tried patching them not much better and even worse.

Get a tube... under $10 and will work fine for years.

PS.. I like what you have done. I would like to put a 2Cyl in the white one you see above but, I can't bring myself to put a different make or a smaller motor in mine.
Looks good though. I would like to see a good video of it rolling against a stock 200X.

Thanks for the advice, I'll find a tube for it.

It would be cool to see more 2 stroke 200X's out there too, I didn't like the idea of a smaller motor in mine either, but when you compare 2 and 4 strokes, displacement doesn't always matter. A KDX200 motor would be nice though...

I want to find a stock 200X really bad, just to give me an idea of where it's at.
I didn't even get to ride mine with the stock engine at all, so I have nothing to compare it to.
I have a cousin who rides with a guy on a stock 90's Blaster though. I plan on taking a couple drags against him when I finally get this thing all done.