PDA

View Full Version : tri-z clutch adjustment

evand
01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
ok well i put my motor back in and my new asv, and i cant get any adjustment out of the clutch cable, even with the lever ajusted all the way out its not even close. needs another half inch or so. i tried turning the nut in the middle of the cable but it didnt do anything either way. what am i doing wrong because its obviously something stupid.

thanks
Evan

ATC-Eric
01-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Did you adjust the clutch correctly?

If you have the clutch set up correctly, and the correct cable, you should be able to play with it until correct.

evand
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM
i didnt change a thing other then the asv. and the adjuster screw is the same length as what was on there, im messed with the nut in the middle of the cable for over a hour and it didnt move the cable one bit

im stumped!!!

DeePa
01-20-2008, 12:02 AM
how was it before the lever change?

theres an adjustment on the pressure plate itself. you have to pull the clutch cover to get to it.

You loosen teh lock nut, then tighten the screw (part of the pushrod) until you feel it hit the ball bearing between the other push rod from the actuator arm (where cable attaches to) then once you feel the resistance, you tighten the lock nut down and youre set.

Mike

Mosh
01-20-2008, 11:06 AM
There differences in lever area between the perch and lever.I have a feeling you lost some space there with the ASV.MAybe you should have used a Banshee ASV set.

This is all just guessing on my half,but provided you did nothing internal with the engine,the lever is cuasing the problem.

You said you adjusted the cable(with the nut in the middle of the housing)?????
TRI-Z,never had that option.So maybe if you get a Z cable it will work.

Another option you can do is,take a old adjuster from a regular clutch lever and place it on your cable at the lever and set it in the ASV adjuster to take up the slack.It will act as a spacer.
I have done this before on the trail when a guys cable gets stretched to get him by for the rest of the weekend.