PDA

View Full Version : Need TRI-Z exaust clamp for DG

Sinbad46
01-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi, where can i buy a exaust clamp for a Z with a DG exaust and silencer. My OEM muffler clamp have a too small diameter.
thanks

pickleweasel_00
01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I used some of the hi-temp silicone on mine. Put it on bot innner and outer mating surfaces and push them together then wipe off the excess. It's a fairly tight fit anyways and mine has held up without any leaks. You can also use some where the pipe mounts to the cylinder to keep that area from leaking as well, just make sure all your mating surfaces are clean

Tri-ZNate
01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-TRI-Z-250-ALUMINUM-EXHAUST-CLAMP-TRI-Z250-YTZ250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQihZ015QQi temZ250207841774QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I've been meaning to get one myself

chris200x
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-TRI-Z-250-ALUMINUM-EXHAUST-CLAMP-TRI-Z250-YTZ250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQihZ015QQi temZ250207841774QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I've been meaning to get one myself

NO!!!! They are complete GARBAGE!!! The silicone hose is painted and chips right off when you try to slide it over the pipe. COMPLETE waste of money.... I know I've bought one and posted about on the forums...

I'd save yourself a bunch of money and use the rvt or just get yourself an old piece of radiator hose and two hose clamps.

Edit: Nate.. here's the best pic I have of the "YELLOW" one I bought for the Z.. the aluminum too is so thin that if you tighten it down a bit to much it will certianly break..

Tri-ZNate
01-19-2008, 09:26 PM
NO!!!! They are complete GARBAGE!!! The silicone hose is painted and chips right off when you try to slide it over the pipe. COMPLETE waste of money.... I know I've bought one and posted about on the forums...

I'd save yourself a bunch of money and use the rvt or just get yourself an old piece of radiator hose and two hose clamps.

Edit: Nate.. here's the best pic I have of the "YELLOW" one I bought for the Z.. the aluminum too is so thin that if you tighten it down a bit to much it will certianly break..

Woah I never heard about it. I saw it on your bike and thought it looked great, was even gonna get it for X-Mas. Thanks for the heads up

So much for the yellow huh?

chris200x
01-19-2008, 09:36 PM
yeah,, that's one of the main reasons I bought one.. so it would match my color scheme. But as you can tell from the pics the paint cme right off.

Now dont get me wrong they do work (If your careful installing it and dont mind the paint falling off)... but not worth that kinda money ..

Sinbad46
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
you have reason, it's really garbage, i have one of these and first, the diameter are too small for the DG, and the paint don't tuff.