PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a new 350X!

VenomRS4
01-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I picked this up a week ago after i sold my 200X. Its a 1986. I needs some work as you can see. It is missing the brakes, needs axle bearings, possibly steering stem bearings, chain and sprockets, rear fender and tank shrouds, grab bar, and of course fork seals. It is really dirty in the pics but it cleanes up really nice. I took a wet rag to the fenders, tank, frame etc and all of the grime wipes right off for the most part. It runs really nice, no smoke or noises. It has a Clarke gas tank and Renthal Bars. It also came with a bunch of extra parts like hubs, gaskets, engine pieces, etc. I do have the headlight but I took it off. All in all, I think its a good start and should be finished by spring.

These pics kinda stink, but i'll post more when i tear into it.

the great gazoo
01-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice X! The ride is like no other, if you never owned one, they're the most comfortable trike I've ridden to date, I love mine, except the kicker kicked me back & almost snapped my achille's tendon. It helps to have the decomp cable hooked up..................

VenomRS4
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks! Im excited. Ive never ridden a quick 4 stroke trike so I cant wait to get it finished. Too bad I prob wont have it done in time to try it out in the snow though.... Whatever, theres always next season.

Dirtcrasher
01-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks like a 250R front end on there, it is not an 86 350X front.....

The Goat
01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
the kicker kicked me back & almost snapped my achille's tendon. It helps to have the decomp cable hooked up..................

I gotta go with Syko here...they aren't THAT hard to kick off without one.

chris200x
01-20-2008, 12:00 AM

They are if your 57 pounds soaking wet like our freind Gazoo here... :lol:

Gotta wear boots when you do that sort of thing! :postwhore

I got me my first 350x and next weekend will be the first time out with it. I can hardy contain myself!! !!! :Bounce: :w00t:

the great gazoo
01-20-2008, 11:09 AM

No, it's definitley easy once you learn how to do it(I'm pretty skinny)- Once I'd get to full comp on the kicker, I'd get it just a lil past that, & whammo, starts FIRST kick EVERY time. I never, ever had a problem with it, BUT, I was in a hurry to get the trike into my van before someone either saw me, or called the cops, & I didn't go w/ the standard procedure,& BANG! It kicked back like nothing I've ever felt. I Had a '78 Suz SP370 that did the same thing, but there's absolutely NO comparison to it, it literally knocked me on my azs!
I'm now recovering, hopefully I"ll be able to do some riding out at Brapp's next weekend.:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: .................................

Erics350x
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Try starting one with sandals on.

scrawny
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Looks like a 250R front end on there, it is not an 86 350X front.....

DING DING DING!!

the 350x front end has the axle in front of the forks, not behind. i spun my forks around on my one ice racing frame to tuck the front end a little more when sliding through the corners.

VenomRS4
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
so correct me if im wrong, but isnt that a good thing. Arent 250R forks better than the stock 350X forks?

oldred95
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Try starting one with sandals on.

No thanks. I will only kick mine 200X, or anything for that matter with boots on. My dads 250SX nearly kicked me off when I was younger.

If you role it over a a couple times and then bring it up on the compression stroke and jump on the kicker they'll usually go, thats what I find anyway.

Dirtcrasher
01-22-2008, 06:14 PM
so correct me if im wrong, but isnt that a good thing. Arent 250R forks better than the stock 350X forks?

A few mm longer and I imagine different spring rates and damping. It looked like an 85/86 250R from the triples and the fork caps.