PDA

View Full Version : Red TRI-Z fenders

Nomad
01-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Anyone interested in ordering Red tri-z fenders from Maier? Maier needs ten for a custom order. I talked cosmic quads and they said if they could get 8 or 9 orders they would fill in the rest to get 'em ordered.
Would Maier red even match yamaha red? or would it be a complete disappointment and waste of money?

razorbackatc
01-23-2008, 01:10 AM
I am in for a set....Thanks.

factoryX
01-23-2008, 03:57 AM
red fenders? hmm... I will have to think about it...

chris200x
01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
If you want a bike with red fenders......

BUY A HONDA!! :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing when I read the title of this thread. lol

I believe UFO or Maier did make red fenders for the z back in the day. I think it would look kinda cool on an 86. but when I think YAMAHA I think black and and yellow.

Isn't the maiers a wee bit darker than stock hondas?

honda250sx
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
If i build another Z it would be blue and white for sure. Im with mike I would order a set in blue! Doesnt Hagen have a blue z? Only everything is painted?

ATC-Eric
01-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Only everything is painted?

Thats the rumor I heard......

honda250sx
01-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe he will chime in. But it is a sick lookin Z no doubt!

BigGreenMachine
01-23-2008, 09:34 PM
The front fender from a 250R will work on your Tri-Z and the rears from a Banshee will work as well. (not bolt on) Meaning the Maier custom YFZ looking rear fenders that maier makes for the Banshee will work and are available in red.

Nomad
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
First of all, if I wanted to be like everyone else around here, yes I would have bought a honda. Secondly, buying a new trike in the same condition as mine is about 10x the price of a set of fenders. For the Yamaha = Yellow & black, that does look nice, but again, 8 outa 10 z's seem to be that way, and still more expensive then a set of fenders. I just can't picture blue fenders on my red Z as looking good. I own an 86 z and I thought an all red z w/ white lettering would look nice, subtle in an almost stock way and and is a little easier to clean than white.(hate to say it, but almost like an 88 HONDA 250R) Using a 250r front looks hack to me, and a wild looking yfz/banshee rear just doesn't look right on an 80's trike. Not tryin to be an *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, just my opinion

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I own an 86 z and I thought an all red z w/ white lettering would look nice, subtle in an almost stock way and and is a little easier to clean than white.(hate to say it, but almost like an 88 HONDA 250R) Using a 250r front looks hack to me, and a wild looking yfz/banshee rear just doesn't look right on an 80's trike. Not tryin to be an *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*, just my opinion

You like what you like and I'm not here to argue about what looks better, rather I was just giving you a heads up about what fits and an option over group buying custom Maier fenders. No arguement here my friend. :beer

Just in case you have not seen the Banshee custom Maier fenders on a TRI-Z, here is a Tri-Z with the Maier custom Banshee fenders on the rear and a 250R front fender. :beer

Nomad
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
That has got to be the sweetest z on the planet. when I first saw it I got chub and thought yamaha had come to their senses and started building three wheelers again. Excellent work my friend. As for your insight, I appreciate it I really do. the "new age" plastics look awesome on your "new age" Z, but do you know how they would look on a stocker? They look like they might be descent. Do you know how Maier red matches up w/ yamaha red?

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Its not mine but I'm sure the compliment will find its owner. :TrikesOwn

On a stock machine I'm sure they would look great. Derricks Z really is recognizable as a Tri-Z even with the custom front forks and YZ450 motor.

The seat pan must be modded to make the Banshee fender fit however. How much work or whats needed is beyond my knowledge but be prepared for that if you choose this option.