PDA

View Full Version : tecate longer rear brake line

oOGoFastOo
01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
i was wondering if any one had any suggestions on what rear brake line to run on a 86 tecate with a 6 over rear swing arm? i know i could order a custom stainless one but i was trying to keep this thing kinda on the less expensive side of things.

Vealmonkey
01-17-2008, 11:47 PM
If you go to a harley shop that carries the stainless steel brake lines, there is a manufacturer called goodridge. You can buy the 2 end pieces that banjo bolt to the caliper and the reservoir and then you can buy a length of stainless line that should work. The stainless line will have the correct ends already on it and it will be clear covered in that rubbery stuff. I'm pretty sure the end sizes are the same banjo bolt wise. All you need to do is run a piece of string in the same way you want the brake line to run and just find the length of the string. You are better off finding this stainless brakeline parts at an aftermarket harley store, not the official harley store. That should pretty much take care of you. The harley brake lines are metric so that isn't a problem.

scooterroo
01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
havent seen him on here in sometime, but try to send moose53 an email, he can make a custom length brake line for you and i believe he can even do them in different colors!

Meat-BoX
01-18-2008, 11:21 AM
American Star
Our Phone Number Is: 435-577-2266
Our E-Mail Address Is: amstarracingllc@aol.com

Just got a 31" from them but I needed a 20" line. He thought I said Tecate 4 with a 3" extension in the rear. I threw them an e-mail and they wrote me and called me the next day and sent out the correct line. Great quality and for only like $25 I would go that route.:w00t:

Heck it sounds like you need the 31" I have to send back. Lol

Oh Yea, they are on E-Bay and they have a website. Nice braided lines and also coated in plastic or whatever.

atckowalski
01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Just take a front one off of a parts bike.