PDA

View Full Version : Decompression question

topless
01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I've been rebuilding an '85 200s and I've run into a situation. I bought the decompression cable and don't have the ring to attach it to. I'm having the cylinder bored and putting in a 200x piston to get more compression and I'm concerned about how easy it's going to be to start.
Is this going to be a problem? The motor didn't run well, the bore was scored and the rings stuck. I went for the higher compression for more power, but I don't want to get my butt kicked just trying to start this thing. Of course, Honda discontinued the "hook case ring".

ATC-Eric
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I know that starting a stock 200s without the compression cable is no problem for me, but I dont know about the higher compression piston and how much that will bit you.

I want to suggest making a thread in the classifieds section. Im sure that someone can help you get the missing case ring you need.

Good luck!

Oh, and what part of Kansas? Ever ride in MO?

topless
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
After reading more about this, I took back my decompression cable and ordered the (still available) manual decompression setup for a 200E.
The ring for the automatic decompression cable to work is discontinued and fairly hard to find. Recoils with the ring in it are bringing over $100 on e-bay. All the parts to switch only cost about $40 and it's not likely to break and make me look for another discontinued part again.

redryder
01-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Where did you get your manual decompression setup at?

topless
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
The local Honda dealer. We get a decent discount.