PDA

View Full Version : ytm 175 oil pump bypass

Trimotomike
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone im new here and its good to know that other people love trikes to . I have had a wierd fascination for 3 wheelers due to the simple fact everyone is afraid of them . anyway i have a question that im sure someone here can answer for me . i have a 1982 trimoto175 it dies out when i really dog it hard just sputers out like its running out of fuel , i have an idea that it probably is result of the oil lines to the carb that are no longer being used because i premix the fuel . just never trusted oil injection . if any body can help it would be much appriciated . thanks
Mike

Mr.Jake
01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
take the oil injector right off and block all the places where it connected to the carb, its just added weight if you dont use it, sounds like an air leak or could be your clutch needs adjusted.

Trimotomike
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
the oil injection lines havent been hooked up since i purchased i just need to know what lines going into the carb are the ones to plug up . and whats up with the throttle cable ? does the oil pump cable have to be hooked up for the cable to function properly ??? as soon as i figure out how to post pics i will do so . my avatar pic is an old one , looks much better now...