PDA

View Full Version : 82 110 atc clutch nut tool

boosted96cobra
01-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Ok were can I find the tool to get the stupid clutch nut off?

Sorry if I sound pissy, this 110 started not shifting, so I took everyones advice and opened it up to see if it was an easy fix. Of course they had to use screws instead of bolts on the outter casing and they have not been off since 82. Had to drill the heads off 4 of them (I'm putting bolts back in it!!!!). Get the outter piece off, then of course there is two screws holding the outter plate on. I got a brand new phllips bit that fit perfect, tapped them in with a hammer and still rounded them both out. SO I had the drill those too (gonna be fun finding those stupid flat topped screws).

Now I need a special tool to get this bolt off, whats next?

I can see behind the primary driven gear what is wrong with the shift lever. I actually got it down shifting already, but I gotta get back in there to see why it won't upshift.

This really sux this is by far the funnest bike we own and I got it for $160, all the plastics are great, nothing bent or rusted. Starts first try everytime even when it is cold as hell. But the rear brake needs help, the brake cable is almost gone, one rear tire is pretty much gone and it burns alot of oil. Now adding all the bolts I'm gonna need and specialty tools I dunno if it worth it. There is someone local parting out an 85 110 would that motor/trans drop into this one?

redryder
01-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Beatrice .com has the tool you need. Ebay always have motors for sale. Get past all the rounded out bolts those little motors are pretty easy to work on.:beer

ditchmud
01-13-2008, 11:26 AM
just an offer. I have a 110 motor from a '83 110 the top end had a damaged valve, but the bottom end was good and for sale. Pm me if your interested with your email address and I can send photos. $50.00 plus whatever shipping is. Thanks Rich

rdlsz24
10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I know this thread is old but I wanted to let guys know you can make your own clutch tool out of a regular socket if you have a Dremel tool. Took me about 10 minutes to carve this out of a $4 socket:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/ATC/clutchtool.jpg

It's not perfect but it did the trick on the 125m I had.

Rob