PDA

View Full Version : 84 tecate kick back ????????????

kasuki
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
hey you guys with tecates do your tecates kick back alot.mine does i tell ya what it will break a ankle if you are not wearing boots.is this common with the 84,85 tecate.or am i doing something wrong

350xrider911
01-12-2008, 03:50 PM
r u giving it gas when u kick it thatwill cause it i have a 350x ill give it gas when i go to start and it kicks me all the time.

hadar
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Your ignition timing is likely off a hair. My 84 used to do it until I looked real closely at the timing marks and found out that it was advanced. What kind of stator system are you running? If it’s a Ricky and it cuts out while running that may be the whole problem in itself. My ricky needed new coils put in now it works fairly well and she don’t kick back anymore.

kasuki
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
i am running the stock system i had it running a little while ago.if i dont go to tdc it dosn't really kick back at least not when i started it today.just a couple times.maybe i need to just suck it up and give her a real kick ha ha ha.well i check the timing marks and go from there.

OZQUAD44
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Retard you ignition timming a bit.

If your ignition is firing too far in advance, the spark will fire too early before the piston reaches top dead centre and cause the engine to kick back.

The spark has to fire slightly before TDC but not too far befre TDC.

Don't break your leg dude, just retard the ignition timming slightly.

hadar
01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Retard you ignition timming a bit.

If your ignition is firing too far in advance, the spark will fire too early before the piston reaches top dead centre and cause the engine to kick back.

The spark has to fire slightly before TDC but not too far befre TDC.

Don't break your leg dude, just retard the ignition timming slightly.

I agree, there's no sense in having to live with kickback.

cr480r
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I have never had a bike kickback... Like these guys said, your timing is too advanced..

TeamGeek6
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Weak or intermittient ignition will cause that, it happened to my 250R. A loose terminal on the PG can do weird things. Check static timing, I doubt its off unless a key sheared, then its usually way off and wont start. First suspect is electrical connectors in the ignition system.

Erics350x
01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
check your flywheel key and keyway for damage.

kasuki
01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
allright i look over timming and connectors for the coil ill post results in a few days.i wont get a chance to look it over for a few days