PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chris200x

Eric250R
01-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Here's apic of the cobra for the Tri-Z. It'a old, crusty, and beat up but it gives you an idea.

chris200x
01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Have you run it? Is it obnoxiosly loud?

Eric250R
01-12-2008, 01:09 AM
No just got it today, will probably be a while before I actually put my Z back together.

chris200x
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Hmm,, has anyone else run one? first time I'd seen one of those.:eek: I bet that would clean up nicley tho.. maybe some jet coating?

The cobra on my 350X is unbearable. :rolleyes: Id hate to be riding behind one of those all day. Kinda why I'm curious about the two stroke. I sure do miss that smell. :(

When you get a chance.. can we see a better pic of the mouting bracket?

GoodKarma
01-12-2008, 09:45 AM
The system that came off my original project looks like that. I almost threw it away last summer:rolleyes:

How can you tell if the expansion chamber is Cobra? No mounts for a heat shield?

I might look into getting my blasted with plastic media and then nickel plated, if it is indeed Cobra.:beer

Mosh
01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Someone told me this was either a Cobra head pipe or Answer.

I have ran mine,has a liitle less low end punch than DG and more mid and topend pull.It least that is what I felt.
Even with the Dg silencer,The noise level is the same as Dg.Not bad.

Eric250R
01-12-2008, 03:54 PM
The system that came off my original project looks like that. I almost threw it away last summer:rolleyes:

How can you tell if the expansion chamber is Cobra? No mounts for a heat shield?

I might look into getting my blasted with plastic media and then nickel plated, if it is indeed Cobra.:beer

Yeah, there are no mounts so it's not factory. The kid was pretty sure it's all cobra, but who knows.