PDA

View Full Version : Wife's atc110 stuck in 1st

boosted96cobra
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Got the wife's 82 110 out today, we got a ton of snow so this one is kinda the trail breaker. Was shifting finefor an hour or so, then when I shifted it to second it acted like it was between gears and didn't want to go so i went back to first and now it won't shift. The lever is moving the shaft but it won't go either way.

boosted96cobra
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
snow pict from today

cajunchilipeper
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
dont mean to be a prick but thats awesome...I have always loved getting my truck stuck in the mud......even though *Edited**Edited* havin a different issue....just looks like its stuck in the snow....gets muddier....lol....but what you may have done is stripped the gears some kind of way...or *Edited**Edited* clutch could be shot...
snow pict from today

runaway
01-09-2008, 07:06 PM
hello
not sure if this will help, i got a 185 that was stuck in third the kid sais he thought that the tranny was blown well it wasnt.

after taking off the side cover,i saw where the the shifter arm hits the shift star on the gear drum. the arm was just glancing the shift star so it would not bump the star to shift it in to gear.

after removing all the things in my way i found the prob,it was the bolt that holds the shift star to the shift drum it had bent ever so slightly so it was not lining up. i assume that the person i got it from had beat it up pretty bad.

hope this helps you
i just checked bike bandit your 110 has almost the same i said ALMOST the same shifter set up.

boosted96cobra
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
dont mean to be a prick but thats awesome...I have always loved getting my truck stuck in the mud......even though *Edited**Edited* havin a different issue....just looks like its stuck in the snow....gets muddier....lol....but what you may have done is stripped the gears some kind of way...or *Edited**Edited* clutch could be shot...

I get my 200x stuck all the damn time, hasn't been too fun. Just to clarify I just stopped and snapped a picture, that 110 is far from stuck....I have yet to get it stuck, I dunno if it is possible.LOL

SWIGIN
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
hello
not sure if this will help, i got a 185 that was stuck in third the kid sais he thought that the tranny was blown well it wasnt.

after taking off the side cover,i saw where the the shifter arm hits the shift star on the gear drum. the arm was just glancing the shift star so it would not bump the star to shift it in to gear.

after removing all the things in my way i found the prob,it was the bolt that holds the shift star to the shift drum it had bent ever so slightly so it was not lining up. i assume that the person i got it from had beat it up pretty bad.

hope this helps you
i just checked bike bandit your 110 has almost the same i said ALMOST the same shifter set up.

i agree.... probaly something in the linkage or shift drum area

boosted96cobra
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
ok thanx guys I will have a look tonight or tomorrow.

cajunchilipeper
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
LOL it looks real good.....I just got back into 3 wheelin and I have gotten my friends stuck in what we ha thought was a shallow hole....ended up being a small pond...lol....it was no fun rebuilding it for him.....but it was awesome....it was a big suzuki....
I get my 200x stuck all the damn time, hasn't been too fun. Just to clarify I just stopped and snapped a picture, that 110 is far from stuck....I have yet to get it stuck, I dunno if it is possible.LOL

jenndnn3
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
High/LOW lever could have gotten clipped while riding...Check that