PDA

View Full Version : Question For Everyone

runaway
01-09-2008, 12:46 AM
HELLO
DO YOU GUYS think that if three wheelers would have stayed in production that they they could have worked out the balance of the trike over all and made it safer?

hope you guys know wat i mean.

Erics350x
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
They could have improved in alot of ways, but it wouldn't make em as stable as quads for the inexperienced riders.

It should be required to own a tricycle first, or at least a big wheel. lol

350xrider911
01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
i thank the would been alot better, better suspions i dont thank they would make the 70s

OZQUAD44
01-09-2008, 04:53 AM
I believe that trike sales would have eventually dropped to a point where manufacturors would have discontiuned lines.

Perhaps one or two models may still exist but I would suggest that except for new stickers they would be largely unchanged. Same as the Banshee. Perhaps the 250R would have an electronic power valve or the Tecate may have had a counterbalancer

I firmly believe that in the sand dunes a 250 trike is every bit as good as a quad. Perhaps only the 250 two stoke trikes would have made the distance

ceaserthethird
01-09-2008, 04:59 AM
would have been Awesome kept few model's .... Limited supply

Longer swinger, wider axle, low profile tires, Better suspension ..... Awww what if

cajunchilipeper
01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Iam in between.....they would be dangerous no matter what for newbies....just like motorcycles...but I think they should have kept them....look at motorcycles....hard on the first ride

SmurfanCoke
01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Have to agree, they would be just like a bike for a newbie, but I think they would have discontinued anyways as honda seemed to be pushing into the workhorse era and four wheelers were always going to be better for lugging round farms and stuff.

But as long as there are fans like ourselves, trikes will never die.......

pickleweasel_00
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
prolly would have went the way of the Ford Bronco... They have a following of their own, just not enough people buying them to justify the manufacturing of them :( I know I'd buy a new three wheeler but seems like quads would have just took everything over

SWIGIN
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
quads were taking over..... suzuki was selling the crap out of the lt250

you know honda wasnt going to let them have all the quad market.

at most id say trikes would of lasted till 1989....not any later for sure since they killed the trx 250r then

300rman
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
gotta wonder why honda killed the TRX 250r. that seems to be the Most sought after bike around. and, i LOVE the look of them.

and remember......the reason so many people get hurt on trikes and quads is because any idiot can hop on and "Put er to the Wood", and do fairly well...for a minute or 2. if a newbie tried that on a motorcycle, he would wipe out instantly.

SWIGIN
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
trust me.... honda wouldnt of killed the trx 250r if they were selling

the sport kinda died for a wile. i raced from the early 90s to 99 or so and my 1st year in the 250 2 stroke class had a and b class combined!! and we couldnt hardly fill a gate.

super90
01-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I think they could have been safer in some ways. Maybe changing the ergonomics some. Like widening them a little bit or something to that extent. I just rode a friends 84 200x with 22'' spider tracks and nearly tipped it just turning. Yet on my 86 with just 1.5'' wheel spacers and 22'' tires you can fly around corners like nothing not even leaning.

McDerry
01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
The real thing is how would the ATV market have evolved if trikes stayed in production??

Imagine how the just blossoming utility end of the sport would have evolved. Bike weights would have stayed proportional to the contact area, and most likely decreased ground pressure to stay competitive with the 4x4's. 25" tires would have taken a seat to even larger wider flotation units. 28"-30" maybe even larger tires with 14" 16" maybe even 20" wide footprints footprints. High lug light carcass tires to absorb and conform to the terrain for a greater grip and traction (could you imagine the grip on a set of 28" turf Tamers??). Enough flotation to make the machine a 200 lbs rider and 100lbs in gear semi amphibious. Lower centers of gravity by dropping the seat height , more sitting into the machine then on the machine (more tire and ground clearance, less seat height), while still maintaining enough open area to move around the weight. Wider stance, while keeping the isosceles triangle layout to maintain the surefooted capabilities that a tripod initially offered. Fully automatic transmissions, with high and low ranges.

Erics350x
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
A 3 wheel drive woulda been cool!