PDA

View Full Version : caliper pad bolts

oldsking86
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Alright so I finally got the bolts out of my front caliper and yea one of them is nearly striped where the allen key goes. I need to get a set of these for the front and possibly the rear just incase so I can replace my pads easier in the future. Do both the 250r rear and front caliper use the same screw size? If so where can I order them, service honda you think?

Old bikes sure get annoying sometimes haha

DeePa
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
the stripped alan key...is it one of the plastic caps that go over the actual pins?

they are same front and rear if you are talking about the pins and service honda or bikebandit etc would have them.

an impact wrench would have been your best friend.

Mike

Dirtcrasher
01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
You are best off to get a set of the hex head bolts for a replacement. They are just about all the same thread but the length changes. I used a Moose set and another time I got a set I had to chop .250" off of them to work.

oldsking86
01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
the stripped alan key...is it one of the plastic caps that go over the actual pins?

No it was the actual alan head pins, I finally got them out but I think it be best to get a new set so this won't happen again

Dirtcrasher, what hex bolts are you talking about... they are meant for calipers and the pads?

Dirtcrasher
01-09-2008, 08:11 PM
No it was the actual alan head pins, I finally got them out but I think it be best to get a new set so this won't happen again

Dirtcrasher, what hex bolts are you talking about... they are meant for calipers and the pads?

Yep, they hold your pads in and protrude from the caliper so you can use a wrench on them. Probably have a picture in a Dennis Kirk catalog..

Yamahondaman
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I Think there is a "YZ" Dirt Bike Part No. that fit's NICELY in the ATC'S...no more allen thing's

InPiEcEs
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm not sure how much the hex bolts cost.....never looked at them.
I went the cheap route. I used hardened bolts which I turned down in a lathe, and then threaded the end. If you have a lathe at your disposal, it'll cost you next to nothing.

Tucson 200x
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I ended up taking mine to a buddy that owns a machine shop. I had a ezout broke off inside mine.My caliper was off a 85 350x. I got replacements from my local Honda dealer special order.:D

oldsking86
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Yea if somebody could get me a part number or a picture of some other option I can go with that be great. The back ones came out great so they'll be fine it's the front that killed me haha