PDA

View Full Version : 350x jetting

350xrider911
01-07-2008, 07:58 PM
im having problems jetting my carb, it runs fine but it wont idle, it idles for a couple a secondes then sloy starts to die and then i go to start it. and if i dont tunr off the gas it floades can any one help me. i read the jetting 101 but it didnt get it.

NINJA
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
It stops idling because it's loading up and getting rich. Are you still running a stock carb? Is your float level set correctly? Perhaps you need to change your float needle and seat?

350xrider911
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
how do u dot the float level the seat it fine,i know its running rich cus ill give it gas and it turns black carbin.

NINJA
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, seeing as I don't have the specs here at my house for the 350X, I can tell you how to get it in the ballpark at least. With the float bowl off, tip the carb sideways with the floats hanging down. Notice how if you press on them slightly you can feel that the float needle is spring loaded? This is why you dont set the float level with the carb upside down. Now, look at the seam on the side of the float, you want this seam to be perpendicular to the edge of the surface that the float bowl mates up against. Do this with the float just touching the needle but not compressing it. Check both sides of the float as it may be twisted. To set the float height, simply bend the little metal tang that the float needle clips onto. Bend it very slightly with a small screw driver until you get those floats perpendicular with the edge of that carb. Hope this helps.

NINJA
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot, check to see if your floats don't have any fuel in them. Take them off and shake them by your ear, you can usually hear it. If this is the case, you'll have to replace them. Or you can check if they actually float when outta the carb.